Alport Syndrome Market: Introduction
- Alport syndrome is a rare genetic condition characterized by kidney disease, hearing loss, and eye abnormalities. This condition is caused by mutation in the genes COL4A3, COL4A4, and COL4A5, which are involved in the production of proteins such as type IV collagen. Patients suffering from Alport syndrome suffer from progressive loss of kidney function. Presence of blood in urine indicates abnormal functioning of the kidneys. A number of patients suffering from Alport syndrome develop high levels of proteins in the urine. As the condition progresses, the kidney function deteriorates leading to end-stage renal disease (ESRD).
- People suffering from Alport syndrome experience inner ear abnormalities such as sensorineural hearing loss and vision loss. Eye abnormalities, hearing loss, and progressive kidney diseases are more common in men than women. Alport syndrome is quite rare and occurs in 1 in 50,000 newborns. Nearly 80% of Alport syndrome cases are caused by mutations in the COL4A5 gene located in the X chromosome. The other 15% of Alport syndrome cases is a result of mutations in the COL4A3 or COL4A4 genes. There is no cure for Alport syndrome; however, rich product pipeline promises effective treatment for the syndrome. Advanced diagnostic techniques for Alport syndrome are likely to help in the management of the symptoms and side effects.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Alport Syndrome Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Alport Syndrome Market
- Alport syndrome is a major cause of kidney disease among the patient population. Rise in prevalence of genetic disorders is likely to augment the global Alport syndrome market. There is no cure for this syndrome. Hence, availability of drugs for the management of its symptoms such as high blood pressure is projected to boost the growth of the global market. Demand for genetic testing as an effective diagnostic procedure for Alport syndrome is anticipated to drive the global Alport syndrome market. Moreover, skin biopsy and kidney biopsy are used for diagnosis of the early symptoms of Alport syndrome and faster adoption of these diagnostic techniques is a major factor propelling the global market. High investments by the key players and initiatives by governments for research and development of drugs for managing Alport syndrome and its symptoms are likely to propel the global Alport syndrome market. Hence, faster adoption and availability of diagnostic tests across the globe are anticipated to augment the global Alport syndrome market. However, low awareness about the syndrome and its lower diagnosis rates in underdeveloped countries act as major restraints of the global Alport syndrome market.
North America to Lead Global Alport Syndrome Market
- In terms of region, the global Alport syndrome market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global Alport syndrome market owing to the increase in incidence of the condition, advanced health care system, and presence of diagnostics companies. Additionally, advanced diagnostic tests and broad network of laboratories are anticipated to fuel the growth of the Alport syndrome market in North America. According to the Alport Syndrome Foundation, Alport syndrome affected around 200,000 people in the U.S. in 2017. Moreover, the syndrome is estimated to affect around 1 in 5,000 to 10,000 people in the country, which is 30,000 to 60,000 people. Moreover, Alport syndrome is estimated to affect around 3% of children with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and 0.2% of adults with end stage renal disease (ESRD). These factors drive demand for early diagnosis, development of advanced genetic testing kits, and faster adoption of skin and kidney biopsy for Alport syndrome. Moreover, robust research & development and rich product pipelines of the major players are likely to propel the Alport syndrome market in the region.
- Europe was the second largest market for Alport syndrome diagnostics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Clinical trials by key players and availability of advanced diagnostic tests for Alport syndrome are likely to augment the Alport syndrome market in Europe. Approval of Bardoxolone methyl by the EMA in May 2018 for chronic kidney disease, a symptom of Alport syndrome substantiates the fast track approval in Europe. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for Alport syndrome diagnostics. Developing health care facilities, rise in awareness, and development of diagnostic kits such as genetic tests, kidney biopsy, and other blood tests are anticipated to augment the Alport syndrome market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Alport Syndrome Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Alport Syndrome Market
The global Alport syndrome market is highly fragmented. Key players in the global Alport syndrome market are:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Merck KGaA (Sigma-Aldrich, Inc.)
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Centogene AG
- Myriad Women’s Health, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
Global Alport Syndrome Market: Research Scope
Global Alport Syndrome Market, by Disease Type
- X-linked Alport Syndrome (XLAS)
- Autosomal Recessive Alport Syndrome (ARAS)
- Autosomal Dominant Alport Syndrome (ADAS)
Global Alport Syndrome Market, by Diagnosis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Skin Biopsy
- Genetic Testing
- Other Tests
Global Alport Syndrome Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers & Laboratories
Global Alport Syndrome Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.