Alpha Emitters Market: Introduction
- Alpha emitters plays important role in the cancer treatment. Properties of alpha emitters have led to exert profound differences between this field and other fields of nuclear medicine. Due to their short range and high LET (deposit energy in unit length of their pathway), alpha particles have remarkably been considered into medical research.
- Alpha emitters are used in the treatment of different types of cancers including ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma. Various types of radionuclides, such as radium, lead and bismuth, are used in the treatment process.
Key Drivers of Alpha Emitters Market
- Increase in awareness of the potential benefits of targeted alpha emitter and high number of patients with various types of cancers such as ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma are likely to boost the growth of market. In addition, increasing use of targeted anticancer or alpha therapy (TAT) in the treatment of cancer and alpha particles has an advantage in targeted therapy because of their exceptionally high cell-killing ability. This helps propel the alpha emitters market.
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), in 2018, around 184,799 deaths occurred due to ovarian cancer, accounting for 4.4% of the entire cancer-related mortality among women
- On the other hand, stringent rules and regulations for new product approvals and high expenditure required for research & development activity are likely to restrain the growth of the alpha emitters market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Alpha Emitters Market Report
Ovarian Cancer Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on application, the global alpha emitters market can be segmented into ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, melanoma, bone metastasis, and others
- The ovarian cancer segment accounted for the highest share of the alpha emitters market in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the alpha emitters market due to increase in prevalence of ovarian cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2018, around 22,240 women were expected to receive a new diagnosis of ovarian cancer, and about 14,070 women would die from ovarian cancer.
Radium is Most Common Radionuclide Used in Cancer Treatment
- In terms of type of radionuclide, the global alpha emitters market can be divided into radium, bismuth, lead, actinium, and others
- The radium segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in use of radium in the treatment of cancer.
North America to Dominate Global Alpha Emitters Market
- In terms of region, the global alpha emitters market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global alpha emitters market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in incidence of cancer, presence of key market players in the region, and strong product pipeline. According to American Cancer Society, in 2020, about 57,600 people (30,400 men and 27,200 women) are likely to be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the U.S. and 47,050 people (24,640 men and 22,410 women) are likely to die of pancreatic cancer in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products, and rise in incidence of cancer in emerging countries such as India and China
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Alpha Emitters Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global alpha emitters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bayer AG
- IBA Radiopharma Solution
- Alpha Tau Medical Ltd
- Actinium Pharmaceutical Inc.
- RadioMedix Inc.
Global Alpha Emitters Market: Research Scope
Global Alpha Emitters Market, by Application
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Bone Metastasis
Global Alpha Emitters Market, by Type of Radionuclide
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.