Alpha Emitters Market: Introduction
- Alpha emitters plays important role in the cancer treatment. Properties of alpha emitters have led to exert profound differences between this field and other fields of nuclear medicine. Due to their short range and high LET (deposit energy in unit length of their pathway), alpha particles have remarkably been considered into medical research.
- Alpha emitters are used in the treatment of different types of cancers including ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma. Various types of radionuclides, such as radium, lead and bismuth, are used in the treatment process.
Key Drivers of Alpha Emitters Market
- Increase in awareness of the potential benefits of targeted alpha emitter and high number of patients with various types of cancers such as ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma are likely to boost the growth of market. In addition, increasing use of targeted anticancer or alpha therapy (TAT) in the treatment of cancer and alpha particles has an advantage in targeted therapy because of their exceptionally high cell-killing ability. This helps propel the alpha emitters market.
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), in 2018, around 184,799 deaths occurred due to ovarian cancer, accounting for 4.4% of the entire cancer-related mortality among women
- On the other hand, stringent rules and regulations for new product approvals and high expenditure required for research & development activity are likely to restrain the growth of the alpha emitters market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Alpha Emitters Market Report
Ovarian Cancer Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on application, the global alpha emitters market can be segmented into ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, melanoma, bone metastasis, and others
- The ovarian cancer segment accounted for the highest share of the alpha emitters market in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the alpha emitters market due to increase in prevalence of ovarian cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2018, around 22,240 women were expected to receive a new diagnosis of ovarian cancer, and about 14,070 women would die from ovarian cancer.
Radium is Most Common Radionuclide Used in Cancer Treatment
- In terms of type of radionuclide, the global alpha emitters market can be divided into radium, bismuth, lead, actinium, and others
- The radium segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in use of radium in the treatment of cancer.
North America to Dominate Global Alpha Emitters Market
- In terms of region, the global alpha emitters market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global alpha emitters market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in incidence of cancer, presence of key market players in the region, and strong product pipeline. According to American Cancer Society, in 2020, about 57,600 people (30,400 men and 27,200 women) are likely to be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the U.S. and 47,050 people (24,640 men and 22,410 women) are likely to die of pancreatic cancer in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products, and rise in incidence of cancer in emerging countries such as India and China
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Alpha Emitters Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global alpha emitters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bayer AG
- IBA Radiopharma Solution
- Alpha Tau Medical Ltd
- Actinium Pharmaceutical Inc.
- RadioMedix Inc.
Global Alpha Emitters Market: Research Scope
Global Alpha Emitters Market, by Application
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Bone Metastasis
Global Alpha Emitters Market, by Type of Radionuclide
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.