Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market: Introduction
- Stem cells are defined as cells that have self-renewing and clonogenic capabilities. These cells can differentiate into multiple cell lineages. Stem cells are basic cells of all multicellular organisms having the potential to differentiate into a range of adult cells. Totipotency and self-renewal are characteristic of stem cells.
- Allogeneic stem cell therapy uses cells from a donor. In the most common type of allogeneic transplant, the stem cells are acquired from a donor whose tissue type closely matches that of the patient.
- Blood taken from the placenta and umbilical cord of newborns, called cord blood, is a newer source of stem cells for allogeneic transplants. This small volume of blood has a high number of stem cells that tend to multiply quickly.
- Researchers are looking for ways to use cord blood for transplants in larger adult population. One approach is to find ways to increase the number of these cells in the lab before transplantation. Another approach is the use of cord blood from two infants for one adult transplant, called a dual-cord-blood transplant.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- The global allogeneic stem cell therapy market is primarily driven by increase in the unmet needs in chronic diseases and rise in funding for stem cell research
- Presently, several companies are developing a range of tissue engineered products and autologous and allogeneic cell therapies with the objective of bringing about an era of regenerative medicine which is likely to come up with ways to treat people with unmet medical needs
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases is projected to drive the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market
- According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 1,735,350 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2018
- Moreover, internationally, stem cell research is supported by significant government investments, with Asia being one of the most favorable regions. Stem cell research funding by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) increased by 17% from US$ 1.2 Bn in 2013 to US$ 1.5 Bn in 2016.
Adult Stem Cell Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- In terms of product type, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be divided into adult stem cells, human embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, and others
- The adult stem cells segment is anticipated to dominate the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market during the forecast period
- The ability to create trillions of specialized cells is one of the advantages of adult stem cells. These cells could reduce the risk of rejection and repair tissue damage. These factors drive the segment.
Therapeutics Companies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be classified into therapeutics companies, cell & tissue banks, tools & reagents companies, and service companies
- The therapeutics companies segment is expected to account for major share of the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market by 2027
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases and increase in investment by pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies for stem cell research are the key factors boosting the growth of the therapeutics companies segment
North America to Dominate Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Improved investment scenario, high economic growth, rise in prevalence of target chronic diseases, and technological advancements in the region are the key factors driving the allogeneic stem cell therapy market in North America
- According to the American Cancer Society, around 1,735,350 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2018, with 609,640 deaths caused by the disease
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market are:
- Regen Biopharma, Inc.
- Escape Therapeutics, Inc.
- Cryo-Save AG
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc.
- China Cord Blood Corporation
- CBR Systems, Inc.
- ViaCord, Inc.
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Product Type
- Adult Stem Cells
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Application
- Regenerative Medicines
- Drug Discovery & Development
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by End-user
- Therapeutics Companies
- Cell & Tissue Banks
- Tools & Reagents Companies
- Service Companies
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.