Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market: Introduction
- Stem cells are defined as cells that have self-renewing and clonogenic capabilities. These cells can differentiate into multiple cell lineages. Stem cells are basic cells of all multicellular organisms having the potential to differentiate into a range of adult cells. Totipotency and self-renewal are characteristic of stem cells.
- Allogeneic stem cell therapy uses cells from a donor. In the most common type of allogeneic transplant, the stem cells are acquired from a donor whose tissue type closely matches that of the patient.
- Blood taken from the placenta and umbilical cord of newborns, called cord blood, is a newer source of stem cells for allogeneic transplants. This small volume of blood has a high number of stem cells that tend to multiply quickly.
- Researchers are looking for ways to use cord blood for transplants in larger adult population. One approach is to find ways to increase the number of these cells in the lab before transplantation. Another approach is the use of cord blood from two infants for one adult transplant, called a dual-cord-blood transplant.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- The global allogeneic stem cell therapy market is primarily driven by increase in the unmet needs in chronic diseases and rise in funding for stem cell research
- Presently, several companies are developing a range of tissue engineered products and autologous and allogeneic cell therapies with the objective of bringing about an era of regenerative medicine which is likely to come up with ways to treat people with unmet medical needs
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases is projected to drive the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market
- According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 1,735,350 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2018
- Moreover, internationally, stem cell research is supported by significant government investments, with Asia being one of the most favorable regions. Stem cell research funding by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) increased by 17% from US$ 1.2 Bn in 2013 to US$ 1.5 Bn in 2016.
Adult Stem Cell Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- In terms of product type, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be divided into adult stem cells, human embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells, and others
- The adult stem cells segment is anticipated to dominate the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market during the forecast period
- The ability to create trillions of specialized cells is one of the advantages of adult stem cells. These cells could reduce the risk of rejection and repair tissue damage. These factors drive the segment.
Therapeutics Companies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be classified into therapeutics companies, cell & tissue banks, tools & reagents companies, and service companies
- The therapeutics companies segment is expected to account for major share of the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market by 2027
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases and increase in investment by pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies for stem cell research are the key factors boosting the growth of the therapeutics companies segment
North America to Dominate Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Improved investment scenario, high economic growth, rise in prevalence of target chronic diseases, and technological advancements in the region are the key factors driving the allogeneic stem cell therapy market in North America
- According to the American Cancer Society, around 1,735,350 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2018, with 609,640 deaths caused by the disease
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global allogeneic stem cell therapy market are:
- Regen Biopharma, Inc.
- Escape Therapeutics, Inc.
- Cryo-Save AG
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc.
- China Cord Blood Corporation
- CBR Systems, Inc.
- ViaCord, Inc.
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Product Type
- Adult Stem Cells
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Application
- Regenerative Medicines
- Drug Discovery & Development
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by End-user
- Therapeutics Companies
- Cell & Tissue Banks
- Tools & Reagents Companies
- Service Companies
Global Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.