Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market: Introduction
Allogeneic human chondrocyte is an emerging therapy that can be used for cartilage repair and other indications. Only few players are involved in the development of this treatment procedure. Allogeneic human articular chondrocytes (hAC) could be a good alternative; however, the possibility of immunological incompatibility between recipient and hAC donor should be considered.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market
- Geriatric population and high prevalence of obesity are likely to continue to contribute to the growing prevalence of osteoarthritis (OA), placing a major burden on individuals, health systems, and social care systems across the world. Rise in incidence of OA is expected to boost the demand for improved drugs and new therapies. According to the Arthritis Foundation, 130 million individuals around the globe would be affected by osteoarthritis by the year 2050. Obesity is considered a risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially knee osteoarthritis. According to the World Health Organization, prevalence of obesity has nearly tripled since 1975, globally. In 2016, more than 650 million adults and 41 million children, under 5 years of age, were obese.
- Emerging technologies that transforms the allogeneic human chondrocyte market are cartilage restoration technologies, gene therapy, stem cells, and tissue engineering. Cartilage restoration technology is broadly divided into two types: two-stage and one-stage techniques and few of these techniques are still under clinical trial in the U.S. However, these techniques are well-adopted among physicians in Europe.
- High cost of treatment procedure is projected to hamper the market. Stem cell therapy may cost US$ 5,000–10,000 per treatment. In some clinics, the prices vary between US$ 7,000-8,000. Presently, outside the U.S., cultured stem cell procedures are being offered. Cultured stem cell procedures are employed to treat orthopedic and degenerative conditions.
Musculoskeletal System Disorders Segment Expanded Significantly
- Based on application, the global allogeneic human chondrocyte market can be divided into osteoarthritis, musculoskeletal system disorders, and others
- The osteoarthritis segment dominated the global market in 2019. It is projected to sustain its position during the forecast period. Rise in geriatric population with osteoarthritis issues across the world has augmented the number of surgeries performed in the last few years.
- However, the musculoskeletal system disorders segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. According to the State of Musculoskeletal Health, 2019 report, prevalence of musculoskeletal conditions in the U.K. was 15,899,000, in 2017
Hospitals Segment to Dominate Global Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market
- Based on end-user, the global allogeneic human chondrocyte market can be segregated into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers
- In terms of revenue, the hospitals segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019 owing to a large number of orthopedic procedures performed in hospitals owing to the presence of integrated healthcare facilities and availability of technologically advanced infrastructure at hospitals. The number of orthopedic surgery procedures performed worldwide was approximately 22.3 million in 2017.
North America to Dominate Global Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market
- In terms of region, the global allogeneic human chondrocyte market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a significant share of the global allogeneic human chondrocyte market in 2019 followed by Europe. Increase in prevalence of osteoarthritis in patients, rise in healthcare expenditure, and increase in investments are attributed to the major share held by North America in the global allogeneic human chondrocyte market. Innovative therapy and upcoming product launches in North America are expected to further propel the market in the region by the end of 2030. As per CDC, osteoarthritis affects over 32.5 million adults in the U.S. every year.
- The market in developing countries in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in patient population, key players focus on providing osteoarthritis treatments, and increase in public & private healthcare spending are fueling the allogeneic human chondrocyte market in Asia Pacific. Awareness and adoption of novel drugs play a major role in propelling the allogeneic human chondrocyte market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global allogeneic human chondrocyte market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Kolon TissueGene, Inc
- ISTO Technologies Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- EMD Serono
Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market: Research Scope
Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market, by Application
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
Allogeneic Human Chondrocyte Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.