Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Allergic conjunctivitis is a type of eye inflammation which is a result of an allergic reaction caused by allergens such as pollen or mold spores, dust mites, and animal fur
- The eyeball has a membrane known as conjunctiva which is vulnerable to irritation from allergens
- Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with the help of oral medications, eye drops, or immunotherapy
- Some of the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are red or pink eyes, eye pain, swollen eyelids, and soreness
- Drug treatments for allergic conjunctivitis include corticosteroids, olopatadine, emedastine, mast cell stabilizer, and medications for histamine control
- Avoidance of allergens, artificial tear drops, and appropriate use of contact lenses are some of the practices employed to prevent allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis is labeled by the International Ocular Inflammation Society (IOIS) as a type of ocular allergy that is categorized into two major types: seasonal allergic conjunctivitis and perennial allergic conjunctivitis
- According to research published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), allergic conjunctivitis affects around 10% to 30% of the population globally
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
Increase in incidence and prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is driven by increase in incidence of allergic conjunctivitis. A research study published in 2017 by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) indicated that the number of patients being diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis is increasing globally. This increase in incidence rate propels the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
Development of new treatment options
- Pharmaceutical companies are developing new treatment options for allergic conjunctivitis such as Zerviate, EM-100, ADX-102, PRT-2761, and OTX-DP. For instance, EyeMax LLC’s EM-100 is currently in phase 3 of clinical trial, where its effectiveness is being checked in the treatment of ocular itching. Presently, around two third of new treatment options are in phase 2 or 3 of clinical trials. All these studies are being sponsored by major pharmaceutical companies. These factors fuel the growth of the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
Rise in air pollution
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is also driven by rise in air pollution in major cities across the globe. A research study published in 2016 by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) revealed that ambient air pollution and weather changes are responsible for the occurrence as well as worsening of allergic conjunctivitis. This is attributed to the conjunctiva being sensitive to environmental particles along with direct contact of conjunctiva with the outside environment. Hence, rise in air pollution propels the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
North America dominates Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
- North America is the largest market for allergic conjunctivitis treatments due to high prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis. According to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), around 50 million to 60 million people in the U.S. had allergic conjunctivitis in 2015.
- The allergic conjunctivitis treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace due to large population base leading to increase in demand for improved health care facilities
- Rapid urbanization along with increased particulate pollution has augmented the incidence of allergic conjunctivitis in several countries in Asia such as India. However, a few factors such as lack of awareness among the general public regarding eye disorders and lack of health insurance restrain the market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Report
Key Players operating in the Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is consolidated due to presence of small number of major players
- Demand for allergic conjunctivitis treatment has increased in both emerging and developed markets. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Key players operating in the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market are:
- Akorn Incorporated
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Ltd.
- Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
- Sirion Therapeutics, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Atopix Therapeutics Ltd.
- Auven Therapeutics
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market: Research Scope
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market can be segmented based on type, treatment, end-user, and region
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Type
- Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Contact Conjunctivitis
- Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis
- Perennial Conjunctivitis
- Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- Atopic Keratoconjunctivitis
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Mast Cell Stabilizers
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Outpatient centers
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.