Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market: Introduction
- Allergic conjunctivitis is a type of eye inflammation which is a result of an allergic reaction caused by allergens such as pollen or mold spores, dust mites, and animal fur
- The eyeball has a membrane known as conjunctiva which is vulnerable to irritation from allergens
- Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with the help of oral medications, eye drops, or immunotherapy
- Some of the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are red or pink eyes, eye pain, swollen eyelids, and soreness
- Drug treatments for allergic conjunctivitis include corticosteroids, olopatadine, emedastine, mast cell stabilizer, and medications for histamine control
- Avoidance of allergens, artificial tear drops, and appropriate use of contact lenses are some of the practices employed to prevent allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis is labeled by the International Ocular Inflammation Society (IOIS) as a type of ocular allergy that is categorized into two major types: seasonal allergic conjunctivitis and perennial allergic conjunctivitis
- According to research published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), allergic conjunctivitis affects around 10% to 30% of the population globally
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
Increase in incidence and prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is driven by increase in incidence of allergic conjunctivitis. A research study published in 2017 by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) indicated that the number of patients being diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis is increasing globally. This increase in incidence rate propels the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
Development of new treatment options
- Pharmaceutical companies are developing new treatment options for allergic conjunctivitis such as Zerviate, EM-100, ADX-102, PRT-2761, and OTX-DP. For instance, EyeMax LLC’s EM-100 is currently in phase 3 of clinical trial, where its effectiveness is being checked in the treatment of ocular itching. Presently, around two third of new treatment options are in phase 2 or 3 of clinical trials. All these studies are being sponsored by major pharmaceutical companies. These factors fuel the growth of the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
Rise in air pollution
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is also driven by rise in air pollution in major cities across the globe. A research study published in 2016 by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) revealed that ambient air pollution and weather changes are responsible for the occurrence as well as worsening of allergic conjunctivitis. This is attributed to the conjunctiva being sensitive to environmental particles along with direct contact of conjunctiva with the outside environment. Hence, rise in air pollution propels the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market.
North America dominates Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
- North America is the largest market for allergic conjunctivitis treatments due to high prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis. According to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), around 50 million to 60 million people in the U.S. had allergic conjunctivitis in 2015.
- The allergic conjunctivitis treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace due to large population base leading to increase in demand for improved health care facilities
- Rapid urbanization along with increased particulate pollution has augmented the incidence of allergic conjunctivitis in several countries in Asia such as India. However, a few factors such as lack of awareness among the general public regarding eye disorders and lack of health insurance restrain the market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Report
Key Players operating in the Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market is consolidated due to presence of small number of major players
- Demand for allergic conjunctivitis treatment has increased in both emerging and developed markets. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Key players operating in the global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market are:
- Akorn Incorporated
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Ltd.
- Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
- Sirion Therapeutics, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Atopix Therapeutics Ltd.
- Auven Therapeutics
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market: Research Scope
- The global allergic conjunctivitis treatment market can be segmented based on type, treatment, end-user, and region
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Type
- Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Contact Conjunctivitis
- Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis
- Perennial Conjunctivitis
- Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- Atopic Keratoconjunctivitis
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Mast Cell Stabilizers
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Outpatient centers
Global Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.