Aliphatic Solvents Market
Aliphatic Solvents Market (Application: Paints & Coatings, Cleaning & Degreasing, Adhesives, Aerosols, Rubbers & Polymers, Printing Inks, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial Paints Grow Popular in Wake of Coronavirus
In the backdrop of the COVID-19 situation, chemical and paint manufacturers have shifted the focus toward hygiene products and special paint varieties. In order to overcome supply chain disruptions and push & pull in demand, companies in the aliphatic solvents market are expanding their product offerings in odor-free paints and anti-viral or anti-bacterial decorative paints. Major companies in India such as Nippon Paint, Asian Paints, JSW Paints, and Berger Paints have entered the competition to increase their product portfolio in sanitizers and personal protective equipment (PPE).
The coronavirus pandemic has catalyzed the demand for hygiene paint products. Manufacturers in the aliphatic solvents market are capitalizing on the situation and launching paint variants such as anti-viral and anti-bacterial paints that cater to all surfaces, including wood, metal, and home walls. Chemical companies have forayed into the production of disinfectants and cleaning products to meet the demand from people.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Polymer Building Blocks Being Combined with Natural Resources to Make Bio-renewable Printing Inks
Sustainability is the new strategy in the printing ink and packaging sectors. However, there is no specific definition for sustainability pertaining to printing inks. Hence, companies in the aliphatic solvents market are bolstering their research activities in biodegradable, bio-renewable, and eco-friendly printing inks, as consumers and clients have increased access to inspect claims made by brand owners.
According to the USA National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NAPIM), bio-renewable printing inks are made of raw materials such as gums, oils, waxes, and resins, among others. Manufacturers in the aliphatic solvents market are combining polymer building blocks with natural resources such as animal & plant materials, trees, and insects to innovate in bio-renewable printing inks.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
U.K. Aerosol Industry Shows Resilience to COVID-19 Crisis
The aliphatic solvents market is predicted to advance at a modest CAGR of 5% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are tapping into business opportunities in the U.K. aerosol industry. As per the British Aerosol Manufacturers’ Association (BAMA), the U.K. aerosol industry is found to be innovative and resilient, especially to the COVID-19 outbreak. The U.K. manufacturers are boosting their output capacities to meet consumer demand for perfumes, dry shampoos, and other hair care products. As such, waterless mousses and dry conditioners are being highly publicized in aerosol and hair care products industries.
The steady demand for personal care products is creating stable revenue streams for companies in the aliphatic solvents market. Antiperspirants are one of the top selling products in the U.K. However, the coronavirus pandemic affected the volume sales of industrial and automotive aerosols, due to the closure of production facilities. Hence, manufacturers are establishing robust distribution chains for medical and pharmaceutical aerosol industries.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Aliphatic Solvents Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Aliphatic Solvent Manufacturers Gaining Strong Research Base in Recyclable Rubber
Recyclable rubber and construction waste are storming the aliphatic solvents market due to the high demand for sustainable building materials. This explains why the aliphatic solvents market is expected to reach the revenue of US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2030. New rubber is made from canola oil and sulfur, which tend to reduce its recyclable property. Hence, a team of researchers from South Australia’s Flinders University has designed a recyclable rubber polymer that can accommodate construction waste. Aliphatic solvent manufacturers should collaborate with such researchers to gain a competitive edge in the global market landscape.
Aliphatic solvent manufacturers are gaining a strong research base in reactive compression molding processes to innovate in the production of recyclable rubber. They are experimenting with various fillers ranging from carbon fiber and PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) to agricultural waste to design recyclable rubber. This helps to replace certain toxic construction materials such as concrete in order to make recyclable rubber.
During the coronavirus situation, storage facilities are brimming with supply for oil & gas. Potential COVID-19 vaccines are encouraging people to step out of homes, which will help to revive the demand for oil & gas. The burgeoning growth of the construction industry in China, the U.S., and India is projected to fuel the demand for recyclable rubber and sustainable building materials. However, sustainability in the printing inks sector is highly argued. Hence, manufacturers in the aliphatic solvents market should gain a strong research base in eco-friendly, bio-renewable, and biodegradable printing inks to meet the demand of conscious consumers and clients. Moreover, aerosols have a steady demand in the U.K. consumer and commercial sectors.
Aliphatic Solvents Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the aliphatic solvents market is expected to reach US$ 3 Bn by 2030
- Aliphatic solvents, also known as aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents, are defined as organic compounds whose carbon atoms are either linked in open chains, straight or branched, rather than containing a benzene ring. Aliphatic solvents are mixtures of saturated, long straight chain (normal-paraffin), branched chain (Iso-paraffin), or cyclic paraffin. Aliphatic solvents are produced by distillation of crude oil with an appropriate boiling point range fraction. They are then treated to improve their color and odor. Aliphatic solvents are considered aliphatic compounds. They contain carbon and hydrogen, which are joined together in straight chains, branched trains, or non-aromatic rings.
- Hydrocarbons of the alkane type, alkene, and alkyne series are aliphatic compounds. These are similar to fatty acids and many other compounds. Therefore, aliphatic solvent compounds are the opposite of aromatic solvents compounds. Besides their usage as solvents or diluents in paints and thinners, aliphatic solvents are widely used in oil extraction, degreasing, and rubber manufacturing applications. Aliphatic solvents are also used as carriers of aerosols and disinfectants.
- Common examples of aliphatic solvents include mineral spirits, gasoline, kerosene, petroleum naphtha, petroleum distillate, cyclohexane, octane, and pentane or isopentane nonane. Most of the solvents contain a blend or mixture of different aliphatic types or aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons, depending on their applications in end-use industries.
Aliphatic Solvents Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- The global aliphatic solvents market is driven by the increase in demand for paints and coatings, especially in the building & construction and automotive sectors. Around 50% of aliphatic solvents are employed in the manufacture of paints and coatings. Aliphatic solvents dissolve or disperse different components such as binders, additives, pigment, and extenders that are used in the formulation of paints and coatings. Paints and coatings that contain aliphatic solvents offer properties such as adhesion, wettability, and corrosion resistance. Consequently, paints and coatings are employed to protect various surfaces from corrosion and erosion that can lead to surface spoilage. Furthermore, paints and coatings preserve and protect the substrate they are applied to, thus conserving material resources and energy.
- Availability of substitutes of turpentine such as mineral spirits, diversified portfolio of aliphatic solvents, and increase in applications of aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents are some of the major drivers propelling the global aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents market. Expansion of the construction industry is also one of the major factors propelling the global aliphatic solvents market.
Aliphatic Solvents Market: Prominent Applications
- Based on application, the global aliphatic solvents market has been divided into paints & coatings, cleaning & degreasing, adhesives, aerosols, rubbers & polymers, printing inks, and others
- The paints & coatings application segment is projected to dominate the global aliphatic solvents market during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for paints and coatings in building & construction and automotive sectors. Paints & coatings was a high-value application segment of the global aliphatic solvents market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- The rubbers & polymers segment has also been expanding at a significant pace since the past few years. The rubbers & polymers segment is estimated to expand substantially during the forecast period, owing to the rise in demand for aliphatic solvents as lubricating additives in PVC processing.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Aliphatic Solvents Market
- Asia Pacific accounts for a prominent share of the global aliphatic solvents market due to high demand for paints and coatings that are used in automotive, building & construction, and other industries. The market in North America is projected to expand significantly, owing to high usage of aliphatic solvents in cleaning & degreasing and printing inks applications in the region. Europe and Latin America also account for a notable share of the global aliphatic solvents market. Market share of these regions is anticipated to increase significantly over the next few years.
Aliphatic Solvents Market: Competition Landscape
- Key manufacturers operating in the global aliphatic solvents market include
- Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Total S.A.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- RB PRODUCTS, INC.
- Ganga Rasayanie Private Limited
- Pon Pure Chemicals Group
- Carolina International Sales Company Inc.
- Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd.
- HCS Group GmbH
- Recochem Inc.
- Gulf Chemical & Industrial Oils
Aliphatic Solvents Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the global aliphatic solvents market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the global aliphatic solvents market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global aliphatic solvents market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global aliphatic solvents market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the global aliphatic solvents market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global aliphatic solvents market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global aliphatic solvents market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Aliphatic Solvents Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global aliphatic solvents market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the global aliphatic solvents market?
- Would Europe/Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable regions for manufacturers of aliphatic solvents in the near future?
- Which factors are expected to hamper the global aliphatic solvents market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies of the global aliphatic solvents market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global aliphatic solvents market and arrive at conclusions on growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global aliphatic solvents market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global aliphatic solvents market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global aliphatic solvents market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global aliphatic solvents market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global aliphatic solvents market more reliable and accurate.
Aliphatic Solvents Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global aliphatic solvents market segments the market based on application and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global aliphatic solvents market are discussed in detail.