Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs are also known as MRAs, MCRAs, and anti-mineralocorticoids. Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs are a drug class that inhibit the effects of aldosterone. Adrenal cortex of the adrenal gland produces a primary mineralocorticoid hormone, called aldosterone, in the body. Aldosterone increases sodium reabsorption by the colon, sweat glands, salivary glands, and kidneys. Aldosterone also increases excretion of potassium and hydrogen ions. Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs block the effects of aldosterone, which means the aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs block the reabsorption of sodium that encourages water loss. This effect of blocking helps reduce the fluid around the heart, and thereby decreases elevated blood pressure in the patient’s body. Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs are used for the treatment of heart failure, and high blood pressure in patients. Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs also cause increase in passage of urine.
Aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs also help in the primary diagnosis and treatment of hyper-aldosteronism, hypokalemia, hirsutism, gender dysphoria, edema, alopecia, and acne. Acne is an inflammation of the skin that is characterized by superficial skin eruptions around the hair follicles. Alopecia is baldness, the absence of hair on the areas of the skin, where it should actually be present. Loss of hair as a result of radiation or chemotherapy administered to the head. Loss of hair from chemotherapy is temporary. Loss of hair from radiation is usually permanent.
Edema is the abnormal presence of fluid in large amounts in the intercellular tissue spaces of the body, usually demonstrable excessive fluid is accumulated in the subcutaneous tissues. Edema is localized, to increased vascular permeability, or lymphatic or venous obstruction. Edema is systemic, due to renal disease or heart failure. The designation of edema fluid is according to the site where the fluid is collected; for example, ascites. Gender Dysphoria is also called as gender identity disorder. It is a disorder where the person identifies himself or herself as the opposite gender. For example, a person who is a girl may actually act, and feel like a boy. The person feels very uncomfortable with the gender that they are actually born as.
Heart failure is the inability of the heart to pump blood, which contains nutrients and oxygen, to rest of the body. Hirsutism is the abnormal distribution of hair; for example, male pattern of hair distribution in women. Hypokalemia is a condition when the levels of potassium in serum or blood decrease or fall below permissible levels, which leads to various disease conditions. Primary hyper-aldosteronism is a disease condition where the hormone aldosterone is released in excess amounts by the adrenal glands. Increasing prevalence of primary hyper-aldosteronism diagnosis, in treatment of heart failure, high blood pressure, primary hyper-aldosteronism, hypokalemia, hirsutism, gender dysphoria, edema, alopecia, and acne boosts the demand for aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs. Increasing demand for the drugs is due to the growing geriatric population across the globe.
The global aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs market can be segmented based on disease type, distribution channel, and region. In terms of disease type, the market can be divided into heart failure, high blood pressure, primary hyper-aldosteronism, hypokalemia, hirsutism, gender dysphoria, edema, alopecia, and acne. Based on the distribution channel, the market can be classified into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and hospital pharmacies.
In terms of region, the market can be segmented into Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, North America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held a prominent share of the market in 2016 due to increased technological advancements in the research and development of the aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs in the region. Europe, followed North America, in terms of share of the market in 2016 due to the high prevalence of heart failure and high blood pressure indications the population of the region. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand during the forecast period owing to the increase in government initiatives and awareness about aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs in the region. The market in Latin America, and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of hypokalemia, hirsutism, gender dysphoria, edema, alopecia, and acne in these regions.
Key players operating in the global aldosterone receptor antagonist drugs market include Pfizer Inc. and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.