Alcohol Prep Pads: Introduction
- Alcohol prep pads, also known as alcohol prep wipes, are used to disinfect various body areas
- Alcohol prep pads are available as alcohol wipes, alcohol swabs, Isopropyl swabs, and alcohol prep pads. These are disposable after single use and are designed for cleansing and scrubbing.
- Alcohol prep pads are utilized as an antiseptic skin cleanser before administering an injection with pen needles, insulin syringes, and lancets.
- Alcohol prep pads are also employed to clean the skin, to help prevent infections, and to clean scrapes, cuts, and wounds. They are also used as topical rub to help relive minor muscle pain.
- Alcohol pads are used to prevent athlete’s foot. If a person with foot infections cleanses his feet by rubbing alcohol pads on them, daily, it can help kill fungi and prevent athlete’s foot.
Key Drivers of Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market
- Rise in number of serious injuries in sports and road accidents is a major factor driving the global alcohol prep pads market
- Sports and road accident injuries are major causes of surgeries and first-aid usage, which need alcohol prep pads. Alcohol prep pads, or wipes, are necessary in any surgical procedure to avoid bacterial contamination.
- Thus, an increase in road accident and sports-related injuries is expected to drive the global alcohol prep pads market during the forecast period
- According to the National Safety Council (NSC), in 2017, an estimated 526,000 injuries occurred due to personal exercise, with or without exercise equipment, the most of any category of recreation and sports.
Hospitals and Clinics Segment to offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global alcohol prep pads market can be classified into hospital hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals and clinics segment is expected to offer significant opportunities during the forecast period. Dominance of the segment can be attributed to the higher usage of alcohol prep pads in hospitals and clinics. Hospitals and clinics procure medical consumables in bulk and engage closely with government organizations, reimbursement authorities, and several medical consumable suppliers.
North America to Dominate the Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market
- In terms of region, the global alcohol prep pads market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global alcohol prep pads market during the forecast period.
- The dominance of the region can be attributed to an increase the sports and accident injuries; rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, such as arthritis, cancer, and diabetes; rising healthcare expenditure; and an increase in geriatric population in the region
- According to the Stanford Children’s Health, over 3.5 million children ages 14 and younger receive injuries annually while pursuing recreational activities or playing sports. Furthermore, over 775,000 children, ages 14 and younger, are treated in hospital emergency rooms for sports-related injuries each year.
Key Players Operating in Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market
The global alcohol prep pads market is fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. Key players operating in the global alcohol prep pads market are:
- McKesson Corp.
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Medtronic Plc
- Nipro Corp.
- Professional Disposables International Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Avantor Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Dynarex Corp.
Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market: Research Scope
Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Alcohol Prep Pads Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!