Airborne SATCOM: Introduction
- Airborne Satellite Communications (SATCOM) system is an integrated solution providing a constant and reliable en route and out route transmission of critical real-time information to support any airborne mission
- An airborne SATCOM system consists of multiple equipment which includes transmitter, receiver, transceiver, antenna, airborne radio, modems & routers, and other equipment
- Airborne SATCOM systems offer global coverage for all frequency bands that includes L-X-, Ku-, and Ka-bands
- Airborne SATCOM terminals are lightweight and provide high performance to keep track of tactical communication and organization in the air and on the ground
- Airborne SATCOM systems are used for various platforms such as commercial aircrafts, military aircrafts, business jets, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), for government & defense and commercial use
Rise in Demand for Airborne SATCOM Systems for Use in Defense
- Airborne SATCOM systems are largely used in the defense field to deliver cost-effective broadband communication services to aircrafts operating at very high speeds
- Airborne SATCOM equipment have been tested under the most severe military conditions and meet the highest military standards
- Airborne SATCOM systems continually undergo technological advancements to ensure high performance. For instance, in November 2019, the French Air Force enhanced its airborne satellite communication capabilities by adopting new technologies from Thales for the Rafale combat aircraft.
- Furthermore, in September 2018, Collins Aerospace received the first long-term contract worth US$ 82 Mn from the US Department of Defense (DoD) to supply mobile user objective system-capable airborne radios and ancillaries for the DoD platform
- Manufacturers of airborne SATCOM systems are continually engaged in development of technologically advanced airborne SATCOM for use in military and commercial aircraft that include Very Important Person Special Air Mission (VIPSAM) platforms for senior leaders in the U.S Government
- As a result of these factors, demand for airborne SATCOM systems for government & defense use is growing, which is expected to drive the global airborne SATCOM market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of satellite services is expected to hinder the growth of the global airborne SATCOM market during forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Airborne SATCOM Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the Airborne SATCOM Market
- In terms of region, the global airborne SATCOM market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global airborne SATCOM market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of airborne SATCOM operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players from North America are focusing on technological advancement in telecommunication products which is expected to boost the airborne SATCOM market in the region during the forecast period
- The airborne SATCOM market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Airborne SATCOM Market
The global airborne SATCOM market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for airborne SATCOM. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global airborne SATCOM market include:
- Aselsan AS
- Cobham Limited
- Collins Aerospace
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Hughes Network Systems LLC.
- Inmarsat Global Limited
- Orbit Communications Systems Ltd.
- Teledyne Defense Electronics
- Thales Group
- Viasat, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Airborne SATCOM Market: Research Scope
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Component
- SATCOM Terminals
- Airborne Radio
- Modems & Routers
- SATCOM Radomes
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Platform
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- Business Jets
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by End-user
- Government & Defense
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.