Air Cooled Turbo Generator: Introduction
- Electric power is critical to the development of industrial activities. Electric generators produce large amount of heat. The interior of an electric generator needs to be constantly cooled in order to protect it from damage and ensure its smooth operation. Turbines help in generating electricity. Turbines driven by steam are used in virtually every major power plant, while wind and water turbines produce renewable energy. Air cooled turbo generator is the combination of a turbine directly connected to an electric generator for the generation of electric power. Large steam-powered turbo generators provide the majority of the world’s electricity. They are also used by steam powered turbo-electric ships.
- Globalization, digitization, and increase in competition for metal casting are transforming the energy industry. New innovations and technologies are emerging in order to lower costs and increase the quality of the data of air cooled turbo generators.
- Over the years, the usage of modern and traditional air cooled turbo generators has increased significantly for power generation
Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market: Segments
- The air cooled turbo generator market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- Based on type, the air cooled turbo generator market can be bifurcated into two-pole air cooled generator and four-pole air cooled generator
- In terms of application, the global air cooled turbo generator market can be segregated into steam turbines, hydro turbines, gas turbines, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This is adversely affecting the global air cooled turbo generator market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market
- In terms of geography, the global air cooled turbo generator market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- China, India, Japan, and Singapore are leading the air cooled turbo generator market in Asia Pacific due to the increase in demand for electricity and power generation for the purpose of developing smart cities in these countries
- North America is the emerging region of the global air cooled turbo generator market, led by the newly discovered and developed power infrastructure
- The air cooled turbo generator market in Europe, particularly in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, has been expanding significantly due to rapid industrialization. Norway and the Netherlands are investing significantly in air cooled turbo generators, owing to the increase in industrialization and rise in electricity generation through renewable energy in these countries.
- Demand for air cooled turbo generators is expected to increase in Latin America and Middle East & Africa in the near future, led by infrastructure revival plans in these regions. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar have also invested in the development of air cooled turbo generators.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market
- Major players operating in the market have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global air cooled turbo generator include:
- Siemens AG
- Shanghai Electric
- Ansaldo Energia
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems.
Global Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market, by Type
- Two-pole Air Cooled Generator
- Four-pole Air Cooled Generator
Global Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market, by Application
- Steam Turbines
- Hydro Turbines
- Gas Turbines
Global Air Cooled Turbo Generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!