Agoraphobia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Agoraphobia can be defined as an anxiety disorder, in which people tend to avoid places or situations where they feel trapped. The fear can be related to using public transportation, being in enclosed or open spaces, or being in the crowd.
- People with agoraphobia develop the anxiety after having one or more panic attacks causing them to avoid the places where they experienced the panic attack
- The common symptoms of agoraphobia include being in open spaces such as parking lots, malls, and bridges; using public transportation; waiting in lines or crowds; and leaving from home alone
- In addition, people with agoraphobia also suffer from panic disorder, which is a type of anxiety disorder, wherein people experience sudden attacks of fear which reach the peak in few minutes and then trigger intense physical symptoms
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Agoraphobia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market
- The prevalence of agoraphobia in the U.S. population is considered to be around 2%; and in adults over 65 years of age, it is considered to be over 11%. Furthermore, the prevalence of agoraphobia is considered to be higher in women than in men. In addition, agoraphobia is considered to be very common, though is often misunderstood. This high prevalence of agoraphobia contributes to the strong demand for agoraphobia treatment, contributing to the growth of the market.
- Agoraphobia is associated with other forms of anxiety disorders, including social anxiety disorder, specific phobias, panic disorder, and substance use disorder. Furthermore, rising pandemic and the lockdowns globally, could further increase the agoraphobia and related psychological fears among people, creating a demand for treatment, contributing to the growth of the agoraphobia treatment market.
- However, social stigma associated with psychological disorders, despite significant advances in the field of psychiatry and the development of treatment for mental illness, might hamper the growth of the agoraphobia treatment market
North America to Lead Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global agoraphobia treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global agoraphobia treatment market in 2019, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high prevalence of agoraphobia, increasing government focus on mental health, and focus on research and development. In addition, favorable reimbursement and insurance schemes in the U.S. would contribute to the growth of the agoraphobia treatment market in the country.
- Europe was the second largest market for agoraphobia treatment in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for agoraphobia treatment, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of governments in countries in Asia on enhancing the healthcare facilities, growing awareness among people, government initiatives, rising disposable income, and rapid economic development contribute to the growth of the agoraphobia treatment market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Agoraphobia Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market
Leading players in the global agoraphobia treatment market are:
- Eli Lilly & Co.
- Glaxosmithkline plc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sandoz Inc.
- Apotex Corp.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Anti-anxiety Medications
Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Agoraphobia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.