Aerospace Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Introduction
Demand for ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) is increasing due to their characteristics such as high temperature resistance and high mechanical strength. Ceramic matrix composites are composed of a ceramic fiber embedded in a ceramic matrix to produce a finished aerospace ceramic matrix composites part. These are sought after for applications with high thermal structural requirements. Recent advancements and developments in composite technology utilize fiber reinforced ceramic matrix composites that have tremendous positive effect on aviation. Aerospace ceramic matrix composites help meet demand for greater fuel efficiency in aviation propulsion.
Aerospace Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Overview
Fiber reinforced ceramic matrix composites are advanced materials that are resistant to fatigue and corrosion and are lightweight in nature. Ceramic matrix composite provides high strength-to-weight & stiffness-to-weight ratios. This has resulted in shift of aerospace engineers and aircraft designers to ceramic matrix composite materials from other composite materials to make aircrafts much stronger, lighter and more fuel efficient.
Based on matrix, the aerospace polymer composites market is divided into carbon, silica carbide, alumina, and others. In terms of end-use, the aerospace ceramic matrix composites market is classified into aero-entry systems, ultrahigh temperature ceramic components, propulsion subsystems, high-temperature radiators, and others. Based on aircraft type, the aerospace ceramic matrix composites market includes general aviation, defense aircraft, space, and helicopters etc.
Aerospace Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Market Trends & Developments
Recent advancements in ceramic matrix composites research to manufacture & design high performance aerospace ceramic matrix composites have helped overcome challenges presented by the complex designs of modern aircraft gas turbine engine systems. It is observed that large scale utilization of advanced ceramic matrix composites in R&D activities by major OEMs. Many OEMs have increase in funding by the governments to develop military fighter aircraft, general aviation, helicopters, satellites, launch vehicles, and missiles all around the world. This emphasizes the fact that growing potential of ceramic matrix composite materials for gas turbine engines and other aero-entry structural usage in aerospace industry. Domestic and international companies and federal governments are increasing investments in technology to manufacture aerospace ceramic matrix composites in the U.S and other countries. Industry leaders have announced significant investments in construction of new manufacturing facilities, employment, and purchase of capital equipment to ease aerospace ceramic matrix composites transition from R&D stage into commercial gas turbine engines. For example, in 2017, General Electric created jobs at a retooled facility in North Carolina in the U.S to produce aerospace ceramic matrix composites components for its new LEAP gas turbine engine. In the same year, the company had orders for more than 6,000 units.
Aerospace Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, North America holds a large share of the global aerospace ceramic matrix composites market as it covers major aircraft fleet such as AIRBUS, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin across the globe. Rise in the number of fleet is projected to increase consumption of aerospace ceramic matrix composites. Asia Pacific and Europe hold large share of this market. Aerospace ceramic matrix composites market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the expansion of aerospace industry in this region and increase in demand for manufacturing different types of aircraft in countries such as Indian and China. Markets in other regions such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa are estimated to account for smaller share of the global aerospace ceramic matrix composites market.
Aerospace Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Key Players
The key players in global aerospace ceramic matrix composites market include, AIRBUS, BOEING, Hexcel Corporation, ATC Aerospace, and General Electrical
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.