Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market: Introduction
- Deficiency of hormones secreted by the adrenal gland including cortisol and aldosterone due to congenital or acquired disorders is known as adrenal insufficiency. Some of the symptoms of adrenal insufficiency include fatigue, muscle weakness, low appetite, weight loss, and belly pain. Adrenal insufficiency is of three types: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary.
- Primary adrenal insufficiency is when your adrenal glands are damaged and can’t make the cortisol you need. This condition is often called Addison’s disease. The secondary adrenal insufficiency is found to be more common than primary adrenal insufficiency and can occur due to a number of genetic factors; pituitary tumors; surgery or irradiation for pituitary tumors; tumors outside the HPA axis or leukemia; infections such as hemochromatosis; tuberculosis; and meningitis; pituitary apoplexy; or necrosis.
- Tertiary adrenal insufficiency occurs due to deficiency of a hormone called corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) which is secreted from the hypothalamus and tells the pituitary to make ACTH. When the hypothalamus is not making enough CRH, it affects the pituitary’s ability to produce ACTH, thereby keeping the adrenal glands from producing enough cortisol.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market
- Increase in awareness regarding timely diagnosis of congenital disorders is likely to propel the adrenal insufficiency treatment market during the forecast period. Increasing risk of trauma cases due to a number of factors such as road injuries, war-related trauma, other accidents, and increasing global disease burden, acquired adrenal insufficiency is anticipated to grow at a faster pace during the forecast period.
- Demand for development of newer and technologically enhanced products is rising globally, owing to the treatment efficiency of drugs. Hence, major players operating in the market are investing in research & development programs in order to develop new drugs.
- Current oral glucocorticoid replacement therapy for patients with adrenal insufficiency (AI) does not truly mimic the normal physiologic cortisol rhythm, a nadir at bedtime and gradually rising levels to the early morning peak between 3 am and 6 am before waking.
- Continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion therapy administered via an insulin pump to deliver hydrocortisone is another novel method for the treatment of adrenal insufficiency. All these factors are anticipated to drive the global adrenal insufficiency market during the forecast period.
- However, poor reimbursement, high cost of treatment, and various side effects associated with drugs may hamper the market growth
Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global adrenal insufficiency treatment market can be segmented based on indication, source, treatment type, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of indication, the global adrenal insufficiency treatment market can be divided into primary, secondary, and tertiary adrenal insufficiency. Secondary adrenal insufficiency is projected to be the fastest growing segment of adrenal insufficiency treatment market.
- On the basis of source, the market can be segmented into acquired and congenital
- In terms of treatment type, the market is segmented into glucocorticoids, corticotropin, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global adrenal insufficiency treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market
- The global adrenal insufficiency treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Improving health care infrastructure, rising awareness about timely diagnosis of underlying disorders such as adrenal insufficiency, and large patient population are anticipated to present significant opportunities to adrenal insufficiency treatment market in Asia Pacific in the near future. Increase in public and private health care expenditure in countries such as China and India is expected to attract manufacturers toward these markets.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market
Leading players in the global adrenal insufficiency treatment market include:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market, by Indication
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market, by Source
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market, by Treatment
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Adrenal Insufficiency Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.