Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy: Introduction
- Adipose derived stem cells (ADSCs) are stem cells derived from adipocytes. ADSCs have multipotency similar to bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells, thus ADSCs substitute for bone marrow as a source of stem cells.
- Several types of manual and automatic stem cell separation procedures are used to separate adipose stem cells (ASCs) from adipose tissue. Flow cytometry can be used to isolate ADSCs from other stem cells within a cell solution.
- Currently, adipose derived stem cells (ADSCs) are commonly used in the production of regenerative medicine due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptotic, pro-angiogenic, anti-scarring properties, and immunomodulatory properties
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market
- Increase in awareness about the role of regenerative medicine in disease treatment is likely to boost the growth of adipose derived stem cell therapy market during the forecast period. Adipose derived stem cell therapy used in the treatment of fat reconstruction, bone regeneration, and myocardial and cardiovascular regeneration.
- In addition, increase in private and public funding to support stem cell based researches, rise in regulatory approvals for adipose derived stem cell targeted clinical trials across the world, and surge in collaborations and partnerships for development of advanced stem cell line manufacturing technologies are fuelling the growth of adipose derived stem cell therapy market.
- However, high cost associated with stem cell processing, technical limitations related to preservation, and ethical issues related to the use of allogeneic stem cell lines are some of the main factors hindering the growth of this market
Allogeneic Stem Cells Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on cell type, the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market can be segmented into autologous stem cells and allogeneic stem cells
- The allogeneic stem cells segment accounted for the highest share of the adipose derived stem cell therapy market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to various therapeutic applications of allogeneic stem cells, and increase in commercialization of allogeneic stem cell therapy products.
Musculoskeletal Diseases Segment to Dominate Market
- In terms of disease indication, the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market can be divided into: cancer, obesity, musculoskeletal diseases, wounds & injuries, cardiovascular diseases, and others
- The musculoskeletal diseases segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to high prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders and bone & joint diseases. The cardiovascular diseases segment is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
Culture Media Segment Expected to be Most Promising Segment
- On the basis of product, the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market can be divided into: culture media and cell line. The culture media segment can be further divided into media, sera, and reagent.
- The culture media segment dominated the market in 2018. The major share of this product segment is mainly due to increase in demand for media, sera, and reagent for new product development.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market Report
Hospitals and Trauma Centers Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market can be divided into: hospitals & trauma centers, cell banks & tissue banks, research laboratories & academic institutes, and others. The hospitals & trauma centers segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global adipose derived stem cell therapy market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, and rise in research & development activity.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for adipose derived stem cell products in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global adipose derived stem cell therapy market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- AlloCure, Inc.
- Antria, Inc.
- Celgene Corporation
- Cellleris SA
- Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc.
- Tissue Genesis, Inc.
- Cytori Therapeutics, LLC
- Intrexon, Inc.
- Mesoblast Ltd.
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market: Research Scope
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Cell Type
- Autologous Stem Cells
- Allogeneic Stem Cells
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Product
- Cell Line
- Culture Media
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Disease Indication
- Wounds & Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Trauma Centers
- Cell banks & Tissue Banks
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.