Adhesive Dressings Market: Introduction
- A dressing is a sterile compress or pad which is applied to a wound to promote healing and for protecting the wound from further harm. A dressing is designed in such a way that it comes in direct contact with the wound, compared to a bandage, which is most often used to hold a dressing in place. Many modern dressings are self-adhesive.
- Wound dressing is used to provide optimum conditions for the healing of the wound. It protects the wound from further pathogenic microorganisms invasions and trauma.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Adhesive Dressings Market
- The global adhesive dressings market is driven by increase in incidence of injuries because of recreational activities among all age groups and rise in the geriatric population, which is considered to be prone to small accidents, including falls.
- Additionally, increase in incidence of domestic and workplace injuries and introduction of different variants of adhesive dressings boost the growth of the global adhesive dressings market
- Moreover, large number of applications in wound management, edema control, and post-surgical compressions, and increase in incidence of sports-related injuries, adventure activities, and road accidents fuel the growth of the global adhesive dressings market
- However, disadvantages associated with adhesive dressings such as the need for frequent changing because adherence is not long enough and these prevent aeration of the wound, therefore such factors are expected to hamper the growth of the market
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Adhesive Dressings Market Brochure
Strategies adopted by Key Players and Emerging Economies to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global adhesive dressings market focus on addressing the needs of the medical communities and patient population by developing novel products. Leading players engage in strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- For instance, in October 2019, 3M completed the acquisition of Acelity, Inc. and its KCI subsidiaries worldwide. Acelity is a leading global medical technology company focused on advanced wound care and specialty surgical applications marketed under the KCI brand.
- In April 2019, Smith & Nephew, the global medical technology business, announced completion of the acquisition of Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. for US$ 19.00 per share in cash, representing a total equity value of approximately US$ 660 Mn. Osiris is a fast-growing company delivering regenerative medicine products including skin, bone graft, and articular cartilage substitutes. The acquisition is expected to accelerate growth of Smith & Nephew’s Advanced Wound Management franchise.
- In September 2016, ConvaTec Inc., a leading global medical technology company, announced the launch of Foam Lite ConvaTec dressing, expanding its portfolio of silicone foam dressings and providing customers with a broad range of advanced dressings for the management of a range of chronic and acute wounds. Foam Lite ConvaTec dressing is a thin foam dressing with a breathable film and perforated, gentle silicone adhesive.
- Emerging economies present lucrative opportunities in the adhesive dressings market because of increase in patient population and rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Adhesive Dressings Market
- North America is projected to capture leading share of the global adhesive dressings market due increase in health awareness, rise in participation of people in sports & recreational activities, surge in number of injuries, advancements in wound care, increase in geriatric population, and presence of key players in the region
- The adhesive dressings market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in patient population, increase in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, surge in number of injuries, and rise in interest of key players in expanding market presence in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Adhesive Dressings Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Adhesive Dressings Market
Leading players in the global adhesive dressings market are focusing on research and development activities. The competitors are also focusing on various growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global adhesive dressings market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Dynarex Corporation
- Scapa Group plc
Global Adhesive Dressings Market: Research Scope
Global Adhesive Dressings Market, by Type
- Acrylic Adhesives
- Hydrocolloid Adhesives
- Hydrogel Adhesives
- Rubber-based Adhesives
- Polyurethane Adhesives
- Soft Silicone Adhesives
- Cyanoacrylate Adhesives
Global Adhesive Dressings Market, by Product
Global Adhesive Dressings Market, by Indication
- Wound Management
- Edema Control and Pain Management
- Orthopedic Support
- Others (post-surgical compression, sports and athletic wraps)
Global Adhesive Dressings Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Retail Stores
- Online Stores
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.