Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Introduction
- An adaptive traffic control system is a process by which the timing of a traffic signal is continuously adjusted based on the traffic at intersections. Moreover, adaptive traffic control systems provide a fixed timing for green signal at each intersection and update the anticipated arrivals for adjacent intersections. Additionally, as arrival patterns change from time to time, the timing for green signal at each intersection also changes.
- An adaptive traffic control system first collects data from sensors and, then, the data is evaluated and signal timing is allocated. Finally, the adaptive system is integrated with signal timing updates and performance is evaluated through remote monitoring. After this, the same process is repeated continuously by using internal hardware and software. Moreover, these systems share information with each other and make necessary adjustments to signal timing parameters for reducing traffic jam issues.
- Adaptive traffic control systems improve the travel time reliability by progressively moving vehicles through green lights and reduce traffic congestion by creating smoother flow. Moreover, it also reduces excess fuel consumption and wastage of time. However, the traditional signal timing design and maintenance is labor intensive and it leads to high maintenance costs as well as less durability. Use of adaptive traffic control systems has overcome issues associated with traditional signal systems and has provided an automated process.
- Adaptive traffic control systems use the real-time traffic data and adjust the signal timing accordingly. Moreover, it tracks various events that cannot be anticipated with the traditional signal systems, such as accidents and road construction activities. It maximizes the capacity of the existing systems. This, in turn, reduces operational costs for both system users and operating agencies. Additionally, it can also help in decreasing the level of emissions of carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons by smoothening the traffic flow.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region of the global adaptive traffic control system market during the forecast period, due to developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The adaptive traffic control system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to increasing government initiatives for traffic management and growing number of vehicles leading to traffic jams in the region. This factor is estimated to boost the market in the region.
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Dynamics
Increasing Traffic and Government Initiatives to Boost Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Increasing traffic congestion year by year has caused increase in air pollution, waste of time and productivity, and various respiratory diseases. Furthermore, the cost of resolving traffic congestion is high. Governments are also taking initiatives for traffic management and promoting the PPP (public–private partnership) working model. Moreover, growing population and increasing purchasing power of consumers are leading to rise in traffic jams. In order to overcome this issue, adaptive traffic control systems are required.
Increase in Security Issues and Lack of Standardized and Uniform Technologies to Hamper Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Government and enterprises are adopting advance technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and internet of things (IoT) for simplifying their processes and reduce human intervention. However, chances of security breach are increasing due to digitization of processes. This is estimated to adversely affect the global adaptive traffic control system market during the forecast period. Additionally, lack of standardized and uniform technologies is likely to hamper the global adaptive traffic control system market in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Competition Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- TRL Krosaki Refractories Limited
- Atkins Group (SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.)
- Cubic Corporation
- EFKON INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- Siemens AG
- Swarco Holding
- TransCore Atlantic LLC
- IBM Corporation
- CMS COMPUTERS LIMITED.
- IntelliVision (Nortek Security & Control LLC.)
- Kapsch TrafficCom AG
Adaptive Traffic Control System Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to dominate the global adaptive traffic control system market in the near future, due to availability of advanced technologies in the region. The adaptive traffic control system market in Asia Pacific and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years, due to increase in the demand for better infrastructure facilities and growing number of government initiatives for traffic management in these regions. Moreover, increasing adoption of advanced technologies and growing construction activities in Middle East & Africa are driving the market in the region.
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market: Research Scope
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Component
- Surveillance Cameras
- Display Boards
- Consulting & Training
- Support & Maintenance
- Installation & Integrations
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Technology
- Inductive Loops
- Video Cameras
- Microwave Radar
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by System Type
- ACS Lite
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.