Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Introduction
- An adaptive traffic control system is a process by which the timing of a traffic signal is continuously adjusted based on the traffic at intersections. Moreover, adaptive traffic control systems provide a fixed timing for green signal at each intersection and update the anticipated arrivals for adjacent intersections. Additionally, as arrival patterns change from time to time, the timing for green signal at each intersection also changes.
- An adaptive traffic control system first collects data from sensors and, then, the data is evaluated and signal timing is allocated. Finally, the adaptive system is integrated with signal timing updates and performance is evaluated through remote monitoring. After this, the same process is repeated continuously by using internal hardware and software. Moreover, these systems share information with each other and make necessary adjustments to signal timing parameters for reducing traffic jam issues.
- Adaptive traffic control systems improve the travel time reliability by progressively moving vehicles through green lights and reduce traffic congestion by creating smoother flow. Moreover, it also reduces excess fuel consumption and wastage of time. However, the traditional signal timing design and maintenance is labor intensive and it leads to high maintenance costs as well as less durability. Use of adaptive traffic control systems has overcome issues associated with traditional signal systems and has provided an automated process.
- Adaptive traffic control systems use the real-time traffic data and adjust the signal timing accordingly. Moreover, it tracks various events that cannot be anticipated with the traditional signal systems, such as accidents and road construction activities. It maximizes the capacity of the existing systems. This, in turn, reduces operational costs for both system users and operating agencies. Additionally, it can also help in decreasing the level of emissions of carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons by smoothening the traffic flow.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region of the global adaptive traffic control system market during the forecast period, due to developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The adaptive traffic control system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to increasing government initiatives for traffic management and growing number of vehicles leading to traffic jams in the region. This factor is estimated to boost the market in the region.
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Dynamics
Increasing Traffic and Government Initiatives to Boost Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Increasing traffic congestion year by year has caused increase in air pollution, waste of time and productivity, and various respiratory diseases. Furthermore, the cost of resolving traffic congestion is high. Governments are also taking initiatives for traffic management and promoting the PPP (public–private partnership) working model. Moreover, growing population and increasing purchasing power of consumers are leading to rise in traffic jams. In order to overcome this issue, adaptive traffic control systems are required.
Increase in Security Issues and Lack of Standardized and Uniform Technologies to Hamper Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Government and enterprises are adopting advance technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and internet of things (IoT) for simplifying their processes and reduce human intervention. However, chances of security breach are increasing due to digitization of processes. This is estimated to adversely affect the global adaptive traffic control system market during the forecast period. Additionally, lack of standardized and uniform technologies is likely to hamper the global adaptive traffic control system market in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Competition Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- TRL Krosaki Refractories Limited
- Atkins Group (SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.)
- Cubic Corporation
- EFKON INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- Siemens AG
- Swarco Holding
- TransCore Atlantic LLC
- IBM Corporation
- CMS COMPUTERS LIMITED.
- IntelliVision (Nortek Security & Control LLC.)
- Kapsch TrafficCom AG
Adaptive Traffic Control System Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to dominate the global adaptive traffic control system market in the near future, due to availability of advanced technologies in the region. The adaptive traffic control system market in Asia Pacific and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years, due to increase in the demand for better infrastructure facilities and growing number of government initiatives for traffic management in these regions. Moreover, increasing adoption of advanced technologies and growing construction activities in Middle East & Africa are driving the market in the region.
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market: Research Scope
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Component
- Surveillance Cameras
- Display Boards
- Consulting & Training
- Support & Maintenance
- Installation & Integrations
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Technology
- Inductive Loops
- Video Cameras
- Microwave Radar
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by System Type
- ACS Lite
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.