Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market: Introduction
- Adamantane is class of antiviral drug which acts on influenza A virus (RNA Virus) and not on influenza B virus
- Amantadine and rimantadine are derivatives of adamantane. In the host cell, a membrane of the virus, known as M2, has an action of an ion channel in two stages during the viral replication. During these stages, the two membranes, endosome membrane and viral membrane, fuse and new virions are assembled and released. Adamantane antiviral drugs block the ion channel and also hinder the removal of viral coating inside the cell.
- Conditions treated using adamantane drugs include Parkinson’s disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, post-polio syndrome, influenza prophylaxis, influenza A, head injury, fatigue, extrapyramidal reaction, chronic fatigue syndrome, sexual dysfunction, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor induced (SSRI Induced)
- As per the previous studies, it is expected that adamantine antiviral drugs can be used in treating COVID-19
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market
- According to the Worldometers.info, more than 1.4 million people are affected by COVID-19 out of which over 83,400 are dead. There is no medicine discovered or found yet to treat the virus. Doctors and nurses are using oseltamivir which is an antiviral drug. The professionals are treating symptoms of COVID-19 which is fever, cough, and shortness of breath. This pandemic is projected to fuel the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
- Early investigation with an amantadine gave some guarantee in a dose response impact for human coronavirus 229E. Other antiviral impacts have been shown for amantadine, rimantadine, memantine, and bananin in models for mouse hepatitis infection, bovine coronavirus, SARS CoV and human coronavirus OC43. However, others have suggested low activity of amantadine for feline infectious peritonitis virus and SARS CoV. The latter studies have not anticipated an assessment of adamantanes for COVID-19 on several grounds. Viral susceptibility in these reports had fluctuated extensively in the test approach, and no constant standard has yet been developed for coronavirus testing specifically.
- Results achieved from in-vitro studies are not always predictive for in-vivo studies
- Evolution of viruses with time is imperative. For example, RNA viruses such as influenza A have evolved amantadine/rimantadine resistance. Hence, these are the restraints Adamantane antiviral drugs are expected to face.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market Report
North America to Dominate Market
- According to the Worldometers.info, out of 1.4 million cases, more than 400,000 cases are in the U.S. High occurrence of COVID-19 and Influenza A virus in North America is projected to drive the adamantane antiviral drugs market in the region.
- Spain, Italy, France, and Germany are the most affected nations in Europe by Coronavirus pandemic. Also, a rise in preference of novel medications has been observed in consumers. Hence, Europe is the second major market for adamantane antiviral drugs.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, as Governments are taking initiatives to eradicate the influenza A virus, especially from countries such as India and China. Furthermore, due to globalization and tourism, the COVID-19 which started from China has spread to different parts of Asia Pacific region. This is expected to boost the growth of the adamantane antiviral drugs market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Endo International plc
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Cipla Inc.
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Online Pharmacies
Global Adamantane Antiviral Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.