Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment: Introduction
- Candidiasis is an infection caused by a yeast called candida. Symptoms of vaginal candidiasis include:
- Vaginal itching or soreness
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Vaginal yeast infection is a common fungal infection and is called candidal vaginitis or candidal vulvovaginitis (CVV). A healthy vagina normally has numerous bacteria and yeast cells. A common bacteria, named lactobacillus acidophilus, found in the vagina prevents the yeast cells from growing abnormally; however, sometimes due to certain factors, such as prolonged usage of antibiotics, compromised immunity, or lack of hygiene, can develop candida and cause yeast infection. Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection include itching, burning sensation or pain during urination or sexual intercourse, swelling, rashes, and redness. Earlier, yeast infections were not common and systemic or serious yeast infection were rare; however, revalence of yeast infections is rising rapidly due to the advent of broad-spectrum antibiotics and their widespread usage.
Key Drivers of Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
- The global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period owing to various factors. Rapid increase and unrestrained usage of antibiotics leading to high prevalence of yeast infection is expected to augment the demand for yeast infection treatment drugs globally.
- Increase in the global burden of various ailments such as cardiovascular, neurological, and gastrointestinal diseases as well as cancer has boosted the consumption of broad-spectrum antibiotics, thereby propelling the number of yeast infection cases
- Rapid increase in the global disease burden, coupled with escalating demand for better treatment options and increasing number of hospital-acquired infections, is also propelling the demand for acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment. Other factors driving the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market are development of novel anti-fungal drugs, increase in healthcare expenditure, and development in healthcare infrastructure.
Clotrimazole Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of drug type, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be bifurcated into clotrimazole, nystatin, fluconazole, ketoconazole, terbinafine, terconazole, and others
- The clotrimazole segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to high efficiency and usage of clotrimazole drug for the treatment of acute vulvovaginal candidiasis
Oral Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on route of administration, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be classified into oral, intravenous, and topical. The oral segment is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as most of the acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment drugs are taken orally.
Hospital Pharmacy to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be categorized into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, online pharmacy, and others
- The hospital pharmacy segment is projected to account for a major share of the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market by 2031 as a large number of patients treated in hospitals
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, the U.S. holds a major share of the acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market in North America
- The market in Europe is expanding rapidly, due to increase in the patient population, especially in the U.K. and Germany. Moreover, the market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is projected to expand significantly in the near future.
- Developing economies such as China and Japan are projected to contribute to the expansion of the market in Asia Pacific due to better healthcare infrastructure, economic growth, increase in the number of insurance payers, expansion of the private healthcare sector, and increase in education and awareness.
Key Players Operating in Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market
The global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global acute vulvovaginal candidiasis treatment market are:
- Mycovia Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Scynexis, Inc.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A.
- Pacgen Life Science Corporation
- NovaDigm Therapeutics, Inc.
- Cidara Therapeutics, Inc.
- Amplyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Acute Vulvovaginal Candidiasis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.