Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market: Overview
- Porphyrias are a set of metabolic disorders, each representing a defect in one of the eight enzymes in the heme biosynthetic pathway resulting in the accumulation of organic compounds called porphyrins. This leads to the clinical and biochemical profile typical for each porphyria. Hepatic porphyrias cause enzyme deficiency occurs in the liver.
- Acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) is one of the types of hepatic porphyria. Porphyrias can be classified into acute or cutaneous. Cutaneous porphyrias are rare inherited metabolic disorders that cause blistering of the skin, pain, and/or redness and swelling in sun-exposed areas.
- In people with genetic defect, one of the enzymes in the pathway that creates heme is deficient and causes increase in aminolevulinic acid synthase 1 in the blood and build up porphobilinogen throughout the body
- Left untreated, acute porphyria attacks can result in respiratory failure, peripheral neuropathy, quadriplegia, life-threatening paralysis, irreversible neuronal damage, and death
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
Key Driver of Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
- According to NCBI, the global prevalence of acute hepatic porphyria is projected to range from one in 500 to one in 50,000 individuals. In most regions, acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is the most common, and ALA dehydratase-deficiency porphyria (ALAD) is the least common.
- The prevalence of clinical AIP is reported to be 5 to 10 per 100,000 individuals, and the prevalence of genetic mutations of AIP is approximately one in 1675 individuals. This high rate of prevalence is likely to drive the demand for treatment of acute hepatic porphyria.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to account for significant share of the global market due to well-defined reimbursement policies from public and private health insurance firms that help provide patients easy access of diagnosis and extensive research & development activities. In the U.S., approximately 5,000 people experience one or more of acute hepatic porphyria attacks annually.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for substantial share of the market in terms of revenue during the forecast period due to increase in patient population
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) treatment market are:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lundbeck A/S
- Alleviare Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Type
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- Hereditary Coproporphyria
- Variegate Porphyria
- ALA Dehydratase-deficiency Porphyria
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Drug
- Hemin Injection
- Givosiran Injection
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.