Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market: Overview
- Porphyrias are a set of metabolic disorders, each representing a defect in one of the eight enzymes in the heme biosynthetic pathway resulting in the accumulation of organic compounds called porphyrins. This leads to the clinical and biochemical profile typical for each porphyria. Hepatic porphyrias cause enzyme deficiency occurs in the liver.
- Acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) is one of the types of hepatic porphyria. Porphyrias can be classified into acute or cutaneous. Cutaneous porphyrias are rare inherited metabolic disorders that cause blistering of the skin, pain, and/or redness and swelling in sun-exposed areas.
- In people with genetic defect, one of the enzymes in the pathway that creates heme is deficient and causes increase in aminolevulinic acid synthase 1 in the blood and build up porphobilinogen throughout the body
- Left untreated, acute porphyria attacks can result in respiratory failure, peripheral neuropathy, quadriplegia, life-threatening paralysis, irreversible neuronal damage, and death
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
Key Driver of Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
- According to NCBI, the global prevalence of acute hepatic porphyria is projected to range from one in 500 to one in 50,000 individuals. In most regions, acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is the most common, and ALA dehydratase-deficiency porphyria (ALAD) is the least common.
- The prevalence of clinical AIP is reported to be 5 to 10 per 100,000 individuals, and the prevalence of genetic mutations of AIP is approximately one in 1675 individuals. This high rate of prevalence is likely to drive the demand for treatment of acute hepatic porphyria.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to account for significant share of the global market due to well-defined reimbursement policies from public and private health insurance firms that help provide patients easy access of diagnosis and extensive research & development activities. In the U.S., approximately 5,000 people experience one or more of acute hepatic porphyria attacks annually.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for substantial share of the market in terms of revenue during the forecast period due to increase in patient population
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) treatment market are:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lundbeck A/S
- Alleviare Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Type
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- Hereditary Coproporphyria
- Variegate Porphyria
- ALA Dehydratase-deficiency Porphyria
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Drug
- Hemin Injection
- Givosiran Injection
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Acute Hepatic Porphyria (AHP) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.