Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment: Introduction
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is associated with sudden rupture of plaque inside the coronary artery and refer to a spectrum of clinical symptoms ranging from ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction or heart attack (STEMI) to presentations found in non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction or heart attack (NSTEMI) or in unstable angina
- Acute coronary syndrome treatment market is expected to witness the launch of several new therapies, which will drive market expansion. New therapies, such as PCSK9 inhibitors Repatha (evolocumab), Praluent (alirocumab), and angiotensin receptor-neprilisin inhibitor (ARNI) Entresto (sacubitril/valsartan) would fuel market growth.
- Treatment of acute coronary syndrome include prehospital care (oxygen, aspirin, and nitrates), drug treatment (antiplatelet drugs, antianginal drugs, anticoagulants), and reperfusion therapy
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
- Increase in the number of lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, and obesity is driving market growth. According to the WHO (2014), around 1.9 billion of the adult population was obese or overweight. Hence, an increase in the incidence rate of lifestyle-related diseases is leading to cardiovascular disorder, thereby needing acute coronary syndrome treatment.
- Prevalence rate of cardiovascular disorder is rising due to rapid increase in the geriatric population. The geriatric population is more vulnerable to diseases due to poor immunity. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. This is anticipated to drive the demand for acute coronary syndrome disease treatments, which, in turn, is likely to provide opportunities for companies operating in the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market.
- Changing demographics in emerging economies, such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa, are anticipated to provide high growth opportunities to pharmaceutical companies. Public and private health care expenditure in these countries is expected to increase significantly. For instance, according to the World Bank Group, in 2014, China’s health care expenditure was 5.5% of the GDP, and by 2020, the country’s health care expenditure is expected to grow two-fold. Robust growth in health care expenditure and rise in global per capita income are projected to fuel the expansion of the acute coronary syndrome treatment market.
- Improving health care infrastructure and government reimbursement programs in developed as well as developing countries are likely to provide growth opportunities for the acute coronary syndrome treatment market in the near future
Drug Treatment Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of treatment, the drugs segment accounted for a major market share in 2018. The segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Moreover, the segment is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to rise in demand for drug treatment. However, in some cases, the Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) surgery is performed to improve the quality of life and reduce symptoms of acute coronary syndrome. The surgery provides bypass for blood flow by grafting vein or blood vessel from the thigh.
North America to Lead Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
- Based on region, the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to lead the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by well-established health care infrastructure, which has led to a rise in the treatment of acute coronary syndrome.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to be driven by increase in the prevalence rate of cardiovascular diseases, rise in geriatric patient population, high incidence rate of lifestyle disorders, and technological advancements
- The acute coronary syndrome treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness rapid growth, owing to increase in efforts by governments of developing countries to improve health care infrastructure and technological advancements in medical devices to treat the acute coronary syndrome
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
The global acute coronary syndrome treatment market is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches. Key biopharmaceutical companies operating in the global market are:
- Novartis AG
- Amgen Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Resverlogix Corp.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market: Scope
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome treatment Market, by Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Non–ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (NSTEMI)
- ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome treatment Market, by Treatment
- Prehospital Care
- Drug Treatment
- Antiplatelet Drugs
- Antianginal Drugs
- Reperfusion Therapy
- Post Discharge Treatment
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.