Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment: Introduction
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is associated with sudden rupture of plaque inside the coronary artery and refer to a spectrum of clinical symptoms ranging from ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction or heart attack (STEMI) to presentations found in non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction or heart attack (NSTEMI) or in unstable angina
- Acute coronary syndrome treatment market is expected to witness the launch of several new therapies, which will drive market expansion. New therapies, such as PCSK9 inhibitors Repatha (evolocumab), Praluent (alirocumab), and angiotensin receptor-neprilisin inhibitor (ARNI) Entresto (sacubitril/valsartan) would fuel market growth.
- Treatment of acute coronary syndrome include prehospital care (oxygen, aspirin, and nitrates), drug treatment (antiplatelet drugs, antianginal drugs, anticoagulants), and reperfusion therapy
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
- Increase in the number of lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, and obesity is driving market growth. According to the WHO (2014), around 1.9 billion of the adult population was obese or overweight. Hence, an increase in the incidence rate of lifestyle-related diseases is leading to cardiovascular disorder, thereby needing acute coronary syndrome treatment.
- Prevalence rate of cardiovascular disorder is rising due to rapid increase in the geriatric population. The geriatric population is more vulnerable to diseases due to poor immunity. According to the WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to 1.5 billion by 2050. This is anticipated to drive the demand for acute coronary syndrome disease treatments, which, in turn, is likely to provide opportunities for companies operating in the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market.
- Changing demographics in emerging economies, such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa, are anticipated to provide high growth opportunities to pharmaceutical companies. Public and private health care expenditure in these countries is expected to increase significantly. For instance, according to the World Bank Group, in 2014, China’s health care expenditure was 5.5% of the GDP, and by 2020, the country’s health care expenditure is expected to grow two-fold. Robust growth in health care expenditure and rise in global per capita income are projected to fuel the expansion of the acute coronary syndrome treatment market.
- Improving health care infrastructure and government reimbursement programs in developed as well as developing countries are likely to provide growth opportunities for the acute coronary syndrome treatment market in the near future
Drug Treatment Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of treatment, the drugs segment accounted for a major market share in 2018. The segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Moreover, the segment is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to rise in demand for drug treatment. However, in some cases, the Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) surgery is performed to improve the quality of life and reduce symptoms of acute coronary syndrome. The surgery provides bypass for blood flow by grafting vein or blood vessel from the thigh.
North America to Lead Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
- Based on region, the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to lead the global acute coronary syndrome treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by well-established health care infrastructure, which has led to a rise in the treatment of acute coronary syndrome.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to be driven by increase in the prevalence rate of cardiovascular diseases, rise in geriatric patient population, high incidence rate of lifestyle disorders, and technological advancements
- The acute coronary syndrome treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness rapid growth, owing to increase in efforts by governments of developing countries to improve health care infrastructure and technological advancements in medical devices to treat the acute coronary syndrome
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market
The global acute coronary syndrome treatment market is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches. Key biopharmaceutical companies operating in the global market are:
- Novartis AG
- Amgen Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Resverlogix Corp.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market: Scope
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome treatment Market, by Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Non–ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (NSTEMI)
- ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome treatment Market, by Treatment
- Prehospital Care
- Drug Treatment
- Antiplatelet Drugs
- Antianginal Drugs
- Reperfusion Therapy
- Post Discharge Treatment
Global Acute Coronary Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.