Acupuncture Needles Market: Introduction
- Acupuncture is promoting balance and harmony on all levels by stimulating the energy flow, the CHI, with tiny needles placed on energy spots. Acupuncture is the most common type of traditional healing system. It originated in China more than 2000 years ago. Acupuncture needles are thin, solid metallic needles used to stimulate body surface for treatment of pain.
- Acupuncture is most commonly used to treatment of pain such as headache, migraine, joint conditions, post-operative pain, nausea, and paralysis
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Acupuncture Needles Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Acupuncture Needles Market
- The global acupuncture needles market is projected to be driven by rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer in developed and developing countries
- According to the Arthritis Foundation, arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the U.S. Approximately 54 million individuals suffer from arthritis and the number is expected to reach 78 million by 2040.
- Acupuncture is beneficial in managing pain caused by chemotherapy. Increase in incidence of cancer drives the demand for chemotherapy procedures. This, in turn, contributes to the growth of the global acupuncture needles market.
- Preference for traditional treatment techniques is a rising trend among patients. Acupuncture therapy has no severe side effects which fuels the demand for acupuncture therapy. This, in turn, increases the demand for acupuncture needles among practitioners.
- Acupuncture needle are regulated by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under good manufacturing practices and single-use standards of sterility. Thus, evolving regulatory scenario is expected to propel the acupuncture needles market during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Significant Share of Global Acupuncture Needles Market
- North America was the leading market for acupuncture needles in 2018, driven by rise in adoption of traditional healing technologies for pain management. Acupuncture is widely available in the U.S. and is typically practiced in a private setting.
- Rise in prevalence of cancer in the geriatric population is expected to propel the market in North America during the forecast period. Acupuncture therapy is used for pain management in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 252,710 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2017 and the incidence rate is expected to increase substantially in the next few years
- Explosion of interest in the U.S. and Europe in the application of the technique of acupuncture to western medicine is expected to drive the acupuncture needles market in North America and Europe
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for acupuncture needles during the forecast period due to improving health care infrastructure. Rise in number of acupuncture therapy centers is likely to fuel the growth of the global acupuncture needles market in Asia Pacific.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Acupuncture Needles Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Acupuncture Needles Market
Major players in the global acupuncture needles market are:
- Boen Healthcare Co., Ltd.
- 3B Scientific GmbH
- Shinylink?Shanghai?Industrial, Inc.
- Wuxi Jiajian Medical Equipment Co., Ltd.
Global Acupuncture Needles Market: Research Scope
Global Acupuncture Needles Market, by Type
Global Acupuncture Needles Market, by Material
- Stainless Steel
Global Acupuncture Needles Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Educational & Research Institutes
Global Acupuncture Needles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.