Active Optical Cables: Introduction
- Active optical cable is a cabling technology that takes the same electrical inputs as the copper cable but uses optical fiber between the connectors
- Active optical cables are transceiver products that have fiber optic cables permanently embedded in each end for applications with predictable and consistent link distance needs
- Active optical cables have replaced the copper technology in modern data centers and high performance computing applications
- Active optical cables are gaining popularity in hyperscale, enterprise, and storage systems as a high speed, plug & play solution with longer reaches than direct attach copper cables
- Characteristics of active optical cable such as improved performance, light weight, reduced bulkiness, higher bandwidth, and low power consumption make them superior product in any environment, and they are essential in settings that have high bandwidth demand
Increased Demand for Active Optical Cables
- Active optical cables are extensively utilized in production line applications, where high resolution images are used for quality control or to extend the control and video signals of a machine or computer that may be 50 ft to 200 ft away
- Most businesses relying on both high-performance computing and interconnected storage solutions employ active optical cables. This fuels the active optical cables market.
- Active optical cables convert electrical signals into optical signals for the transmission of video and data communications over short or long distances between the sources and displays. Therefore, active optical cables are widely employed in applications such as 4K/8K/10K video, augmented & virtual reality, etc.
- Demand for active optical cables is considerably high in consumer video (HDMI, display port connections) and PC USB or data center applications. This increased demand further boosts the active optical cables market
North America to Lead Global Active Optical Cables Market
- North America accounts for a leading share of the global active optical cables market due to the superlative IT infrastructure, nucleus of innovative high graphical gaming technology, production and streaming of various premium content, rising smart homes market and consumer electronics, and presence of world’s largest data centers in the U.S.
- Increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as network-function virtualization (NFV) & software-defined networking (SDN) and a rise in popularity of fiber optics technology are expected to drive the active optical cables market during the forecast period
- Rising popularity of video on demand, video conferencing, gaming, and home surveillance services and increased demand for high definition 4K displays are also expected to boost the active optical cables market
- Increase in bandwidth requirement fuels the demand for active optical cables in communication technology. Moreover, increase in government funding to improve network infrastructure increases the connectivity within the region, which offers business opportunities and subsequently, fuels the standard of living of the people in the region. Therefore, increasing investment by the government fuels the active optical cables market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Active Optical Cables Market
- Lumentum Holdings, Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Siemon Company
- Molex LLC
- IBM Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- Finisar Technologies
- Amphenol Corporation
Global Active Optical Cables Market: Research Scope
Global Active Optical Cables Market, by Technology
- Display Port
Global Active Optical Cables Market, by Connector Type
Global Active Optical Cables Market, by Application
- Data Center
- High-performance Computing
- Personal Computing
- Digital Signage
- Consumer Electronics
Global Active Optical Cables Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.