Adenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) is produced and secreted by anterior pituitary gland. It is also called corticotropin, serum ACTH, etc. The hormone’s function is to regulate the levels of steroid hormone cortisol which is regulated by adrenal gland. ACTH is associated with diseases such as pituitary tumors and adrenal malfunctions. Deficiency of ACTH arises due to the absence or decreased production of adrenocorticotropic hormone, which leads to adrenal insufficiency. This results into weight loss, weakness, anorexia, nausea, etc. ACTH deficiency can either be acquired or congenital. The deficiency can be caused due to improper functioning of the pituitary gland. However, the exact cause of the diseases is unknown.
Rise in prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles and increase in stress levels that lead to obesity which disturbs the levels of hormone are the major factors likely to propel the global ACTH deficiency treatment market during the forecast period. The ever-increasing prevalence of rare diseases such as Cushing syndrome, Addison disease, prevalence of gigantism, and child obesity are the other factors attributed to the growth of the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market from 2018 to 2026. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of pituitary malfunction such as isolated ACTH deficiency and panhypopituitarism is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market during the forecast period. ACTH deficiency can also be caused due to hormonal therapy such as replacement of growth hormone or thyroid hormone. According to the Medicare Coverage of Routine Screening for Thyroid Dysfunction, the prevalence of thyroid dysfunction ranges from 1 to 10 adults. High prevalence of the disease is expected to drive the global ACTH deficiency treatment market during the forecast period. Lack of awareness about the disease and common symptoms leading to misdiagnosis are the factors likely to restrain the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market from 2018 to 2026.
The global ACTH deficiency treatment market can be segmented based on type, treatment, distribution channel, and region. In terms of type, the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market can be classified into congenital and acquired. Based on treatment, the global ACTH deficiency treatment market can be categorized into glucocorticoids, corticotropin, and others. The others segment, which includes hormonal replacement therapy, is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to advanced and effective technology. In terms of distribution channel, the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market can be divided into hospitals, drug stores, and others.
Based on geography, the global ACTH deficiency treatment market can be segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global ACTH Deficiency Treatment market in terms of revenue and volume, followed by Europe. Developed hospitals, advanced technology, increase of health awareness among people, favorable reimbursement, and prevalence of obesity are attributed to the growth of the ACTH Deficiency Treatment market in North America. The ACTH Deficiency Treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to developing health care network, improved hospital infrastructure, rise in awareness among people, and high prevalence of thyroid dysfunction.
Key players operating in the global ACTH deficiency treatment market are Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc., Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc, Pfizer, Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Sandoz, Inc., among others. These players strive to launch highly efficient treatment drugs, initiate collaborations and mergers, and geographical expansion to maintain leadership position and to sustain in the global market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.