Acne Scar Treatment Market
Acne Scar Treatment Market (Product: Topical Medications and In-office Procedures; and End User: Hospitals, Clinics, and Retail Pharmacies/eCommerce) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
COVID-19 Stress Exacerbates Acne Problems
Unprecedented events caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to stressful environments, resulting in acne for both women and men. Stress related to coronavirus has worsen breakouts in individuals. Companies in the acne scar treatment market are capitalizing on this situation to increase the availability of topical treatments and in-office procedures.
The ongoing stress with regular mask wear has led to acne problems in individuals. Hence, companies in the acne scar treatment market such as the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York is encouraging individuals to opt for laser treatment and photodynamic therapy that targets the acne-causing bacteria. In order to keep economies running, clinicians and dermatologists are customizing treatments for individuals for optimum outcome.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Acne Scar Treatment Market
Lack of Insurance Cover for Laser Carbon Peels to Influence Treatment Preference
Laser carbon peels help to deeply exfoliate the skin and stimulate collagen production. Stakeholders in the acne scar treatment market are unlocking growth opportunities with this treatment, which is gaining popularity as a painless procedure to treat acne, acne scarring, and pigmentation. However, it has been found that laser carbon peels might not be covered in insurance, since it is part of a cosmetic procedure. Hence, it is advised that individuals undergo treatment from experienced doctors or licensed aestheticians to gain desired outcomes and avail value for money.
High precautions in cases of extra sensitive skin are likely to influence the preference for laser carbon peels, as dermatologists might suggest skipping the heating step.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Topical, Oral Medications Help Establish Stable Revenue Streams
Dermabrasion, derma filler injections, topical, and oral medications are helping to expand revenue streams for companies in the acne scar treatment market. This explains why the market is expected to cross US$ 10.8 Bn by the end of 2031. As such, oral medications such as Absorica and topical medications including Epiduo Forte and Atralin are gaining increased popularity.
Topical retinoids are becoming increasingly commonplace for the treatment of acne scarring and dark spots. Pharmaceutical companies in the acne scar treatment market are increasing their production capabilities of topical medications to help individuals get rid of scarring and discoloration. Over-the-counter creams, washes, and gels containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid are being formulated to treat mild acne scars.
Risk-free Approach, Cost Efficiency of Microneedling Catches Attention of Individuals
Microneedling is emerging as a breakthrough innovation in the acne scar treatment market. The JJ Ellie Derma roller is being publicized for specialized home skincare and microneedling, which is a cost-efficient and effective way to reduce scarring. The collagen-inducing effect of microneedling has shown efficacious outcomes for reducing acne scars. An increasing number of individuals is seen gravitating toward this relatively risk-free treatment that demonstrates short recovery time for patients and individuals.
Companies in the acne scar treatment market are creating awareness about the cost efficiency of microneedling for the management of post-acne scars. The documented evidence of this treatment of social media is creating incremental opportunities for skincare companies.
Inaccuracy in ECCA Gives Rise to 3D Imaging Technique
Key drivers such as 3D (3 dimensional) imaging technique for measuring the severity of atrophic acne scars is benefitting growth for the global acne scar treatment market. There is a dire need to upgrade clinical tools dermatologists use to assess the severity of acne scars. Dermatologist Hyemin Pomerantz, M.D., is gaining recognition for presenting her topic about 3D imaging technique at the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Virtual Annual Meeting, which helps to accurately measure the severity of acne scars.
Since existing measuring and grading tools such as the ECCA and the Global Aesthetic Improvement Scale lack objectivity, companies in the acne scar treatment market are increasing their R&D for enabling 3D morphology of acne scars.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Acne Scar Treatment Market
Extreme hair fall and acne resulting from COVID-19 stress have created lucrative opportunities for home skincare medications. Laser carbon peels are gaining increased popularity among individuals with oily skin, enlarged pores, and acne. However, these chemical peels lack permanent solutions to acne and acne scarring. Hence, companies in the acne scar treatment market should increase awareness about repeated treatment of laser carbon peels with the help of experienced doctors and licensed aestheticians. Oral medications including Isotretinoin (Absorica) are being publicized for targeting oil production and stimulating cell turnover. Topical antibiotics are showing efficacious outcomes in reducing breakouts, whereas oral medications containing anti-androgen agents and salicylic acid help reduce the amount of sebum (oil) that the skin produces.
Acne Scar Treatment Market: Overview
- The global acne scar treatment market was valued at US$ 6 Bn in 2020 and is projected to expand at a moderate CAGR from 2021 to 2031. Growth of the global acne scar treatment market can be attributed to rise in awareness about personal care, surge in adoption of eCommerce as a branding and marketing platform, increase in appearance consciousness, and rise in awareness among individuals about scar treatment.
- Presence of key players with technologically advanced products and strong geographic presence are anticipated to propel the global acne scar treatment market. Key industry developments, including partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations are expected to fuel the growth of the global acne scar treatment market.
- According to the U.S.-based National Institute of Aging and American Academy of Plastic Surgeons, a significant percentage of the population of the U.S., primarily aged between 18 and 30, avails advanced skin, scar, and dermatology services. This creates opportunities for product manufacturers.
- Companies such as Merz, Inc., Sonoma Pharmaceutical, Inc., and CCA Industries, Inc. adopt various eCommerce marketing techniques to sell their products, especially topical products. eCommerce companies provide topical products at discounted rate either through a coupon or product bundling options. This strategy has increased consistent purchase and usage of scar treatment products by consumers. This, in turn, helps companies expand their market presence across the world.
- Increase in the number of product launches and collaborations among players are likely to boost the global acne scar treatment market
Acne Scar Treatment Market: Segmentation
- The global acne scar treatment market has been segmented based on treatment, end user, and region
- In terms of treatment, the global acne scar treatment market has been bifurcated into topical medications and in-office procedures. The topical medications segment has been split into alpha hydroxyacids (AHAs), retinoids, salicylic acid, and others. The in-office procedures segment has been segregated into dermabrasion, chemical peels, laser resurfacing, fillers, and microneedling. The topical medications segment dominated the global acne scar treatment market, owing to increase in awareness and easy availability of topical products over-the-counter.
- Based on end user, the global acne scar treatment market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, and retail pharmacies/eCommerce. The hospitals segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2020. Rise in demand for personal care & healthcare and presence of a large number of players are likely to drive the segment. Increase in appearance consciousness and health awareness are projected to accelerate the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Acne Scar Treatment Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global acne scar treatment market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to be a highly attractive market from 2021 to 2031. Increase in the geriatric population has led to rise in the number of patients visiting hospitals & clinics. Moreover, advanced technologies and consumption of topical medications are anticipated to drive the market in North America during the forecast period.
- The acne scar treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to be driven by increase in awareness among prospective patients, particularly regarding aesthetic correction procedures. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to rise in awareness about aesthetic treatment procedures and increase in affordability of these procedures. The market in Japan is propelled by increase in geriatric population, product innovation, and development of combination treatment options.
Acne Scar Treatment Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global acne scar treatment market include
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Enaltus, LLC
- Revitol Corporation, Inc.
- Scarguard Labs LLC
- CCA Industries, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Smith & Nephew plc.
- These players focus on adopting various strategies to expand product offerings and to strengthen geographic presence across the globe. Technological advancements, mergers & acquisitions, expansion of product portfolio, and rise in research & development are strategies adopted by companies to expand market presence.
Acne Scar Treatment Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global acne scar treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global acne scar treatment market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global acne scar treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global acne scar treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global acne scar treatment market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global acne scar treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global acne scar treatment market. The next section of the global acne scar treatment market report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancements, key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, strategic partnerships, etc.), top three players operating in the market, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global acne scar treatment market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global acne scar treatment market. Key players operating in the global acne scar treatment market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global acne scar treatment market report.
Key Questions Answered in Acne Scar Treatment Market Report
- What are the sales/revenue generated by acne scar treatment manufacturers across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global acne scar treatment market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which segment will generate the highest revenue globally in 2031, and which segment will expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What will be the market ranking of different companies operating in the global market in 2020?
Acne Scar Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global acne scar treatment market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global acne scar treatment market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global acne scar treatment market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global acne scar treatment market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key product manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global acne scar treatment market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global acne scar treatment market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current acne scar treatment market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global acne scar treatment market in terms of product, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global acne scar treatment market.
Acne Scar Treatment Market – Segmentation