Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment: Introduction
- Science is the mother of all development. Presently, technology is so deeply integrated in human life that without its aid, one cannot imagine leading life peacefully. Healthcare is one of several sectors that has benefitted immensely from the advancements in science and technology. One among the several well-known innovations is acellular dermal matrix treatment.
- It has wide applications such as general surgery, plastic surgery, breast reconstruction, wound healing, and cosmetic surgery
- Acellular dermal matrix is derived from different sources such as human, porcine, and bovine
Key Drivers of Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market
- Technological advancements are likely to fuel transformational improvements, not only in the positive outcomes of acellular dermal matrix treatment, but also spell advantages for market players in quality-of-life domains of the breast cancer treatment industry. New technologies and innovations that are expected to influence the acellular dermal matrix treatment market include 3D printing, which is currently being used to create soft absorbable shells with silicon filling, to sync with the specific medical requirements of patients.
- In the U.S. alone, 2.6 million procedures were carried out in 2016. These were soft tissue filler procedures, and the number of these procedures increased by 2% from the previous year in 2015.
- Development of healthcare is a primary factor that fuels the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market. Availability of complicated tools for surgery, better drugs, and better-equipped physicians all contribute to the rising demand for procedures in the global market.
- Rise in awareness among people is another benefit for players operating in the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market. Social media plays a major role, as information is available at the click of a button. Demand for procedures in the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market is estimated to rise at a steady pace, as literacy levels climb and people are exposed to information pertaining to health.
- Inclusion of acellular dermal matrix treatment in health insurances is another factor that boosts the market. Insurance companies have realized that acellular dermal matrix treatment is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. Consequently, they have begun including selected procedures that fall under acellular dermal matrix treatment. This has enabled people to undergo procedures, thus rising consumption in the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market.
Polyhydroxyalkanoate Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of material type, the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market can be classified into polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), silicone, dispersants, and others
- The polyhydroxyalkanoate segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as it is extensively utilized as a material for reconstructive surgery, including tissue engineering
Human Tissue Origin Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on tissue origin, the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market can be split into human, porcine, bovine, and others. The human segment is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as human tissue is biocompatible and functional and also facilitates proliferation of various cells.
Breast Reconstruction to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of application, the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market can be categorized into orthopedics, breast reconstruction, plastic surgery, general surgery, wound repair, dental, and others
- The breast reconstruction segment is projected to account for a major share of the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market by 2031. The breast reconstruction market is gaining momentum owing to increasing applications of ADMs. Furthermore, breast reconstruction techniques have evolved significantly over the last several decades, with options that can be tailored to the individual needs of women suffering from breast cancer.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for a significant share of the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market owing to a rapidly ageing population. One in every four people in the region would be aged 65 and above by the year of 2050. Skin issues compound with age owing to low rate of regeneration of cells, fall in elasticity and strength, which is estimated to fuel the acellular dermal matrix treatment market at a rapid pace in the near future. Furthermore, high disposable income, which allows for a higher expenditure on procedures, is another key factor driving the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand considerably owing to improving standard of living in the region, which comes with a rise in disposable income
Key Players Operating in Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market
The global acellular dermal matrix treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global acellular dermal matrix treatment market are:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Stryker Corporation
- Allergan, Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Aziyo Biologics
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Gunze Corp.
- Cook Medical Incorporated
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- HANS BIOMED CORP
Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market, by Material Type
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market, by Tissue Origin
Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market, by Application
- Breast Reconstruction
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Wound Repair
Global Acellular Dermal Matrix Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.