AC/DC Power Adapters: Introduction
- AC/DC power adapters, also known as AC-DC adapters, AC converters or chargers, is an external power supply device used with devices that run on batteries or have no other power source.
- AC/DC power adapters help reduce the size of a laptop, computer, and mobile phone by lessening the need for a standard sized power supply. An AC adapter is made up of a central unit which draws power from an AC outlet. It then converts the power to DC that is used by the computer, and a second cord that plugs into the computer.
- Each AC/DC power adapter has a specific power rating, measured in volts or watts that it can handle, and output to an electronic device. Because the power rating and type of plug on the end is not universal, the AC adapter can only be used with devices with the same requirements and connector.
Heavy Investments in Electrical and Electronic Products Sector
- Rise in investment for power supply adapters and other electronic devices is increasing constantly. Manufacturers are investing heavily in electronics and communication sectors, due to the new era of telecommunication where various new and technologically advanced products are being manufactured.
- This economic growth of electrical, electronic, and communication products is also expected to drive the market for AC-DC power supply equipment. Various companies have announced investments in electronics and automotive part manufacturing to fulfil the required requests.
- In August 2018, Samsung announced plans to boost investment in businesses that will drive its future growth, committing to an approximately US$ 21 Bn investment over the next three years, primarily led by Samsung Electronics, in the areas of artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, automotive electronics components, and biopharmaceuticals.
- As investments in all these sectors are on the rise, these new products will require switching power supply equipment and hence this is projected to boost the AC/DC power adapters market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Emerging Telecommunication Device Sector to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The usage of mobile devices and other rechargeable electrical and electronics products are increasing significantly in the age of new and innovative telecommunication devices. This is causing an increase in the manufacturing and supply of AC/DC power adapters in the domestic and international market.
- AC/DC power adapters are used in a wide variety of applications that includes home appliances, computers & laptops, mobile phones & wearable, consumer electronics, automotive, and other industrial products. The market for all these products is set to increase during the forecast period, thus impacting the production of AC-DC power adapters.
- The supply of AC-DC power adapters in the global market is also soaring due to the increasing demand for electrical and electronics products such as laptops, mobiles, and other gadgets
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global AC/DC power adapters market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The AC/DC power adapters market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to population increase, improving standards of living, and rise in development and expenditure on electronic products. Countries such as India and China have various leading manufacturers for adapters.
- The AC/DC power adapters market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global AC/DC power adapters market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global AC/DC power adapters market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for AC/DC power adapters. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global AC/DC power adapters market include:
- B&B Electronics
- B&K Precision Corporation
- Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- MEAN WELL Enterprises Co., Ltd.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Motorola, Inc.
- Murata Power Solutions
- Phoenix Contact
- Renesas Electronics
- TDK-Lambda Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on AC/DC Power Adapters Market, Request for a Sample
Global AC/DC Power Adapters Market: Research Scope
Global AC/DC Power Adapters Market, by Application
- Home Appliances
- Computer & Laptops
- Mobile phone & Wearable
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Products
Global AC/DC Power Adapters Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.