Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market: Introduction
- Abiraterone acetate drugs are anti-androgens (anti-testosterone) that are used to treat prostate cancer. They are classified as adrenal inhibitors and are a type of hormone therapy. They are orally active inhibitors of the steroidal enzyme CYP17A1.
- Abiraterone acetate drugs are utilized for the treatment of prostate cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, about 1 man in 8 would be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market
- Higher incidence of prostate cancer worldwide is expected to drive the abiraterone acetate drugs market during the forecast period. According to the American Cancer Society’s estimates, approximately 248,530 new cases were diagnosed and 34,130 men died from prostate cancer in 2020, in the U.S. Additionally, according to an article published by National Center for Biotechnology Information in 2020, 1,276,106 new cases were diagnosed and 358,989 men died worldwide in 2018.
- Introduction of new abiraterone acetate drugs by pharmaceutical companies are anticipated to boost the drugs market. For instance, in January 2021, Amneal Pharmaceuticals received approval for an additional strength of 500 mg for generic abiraterone acetate tablets from USFDA. Furthermore, in June 2020, Dr Reddy's Laboratories Limited launched the abiraterone acetate tablet in the U.S. market after USFDA approval.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global abiraterone acetate drugs market due to higher incidence of prostate cancer and the presence of key players in the region. Moreover, high disposable income and increase in healthcare expenditure are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The abiraterone acetate drugs market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in the prevalence of prostate cancer and increase in awareness in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market
The global abiraterone acetate drugs market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global abiraterone acetate drugs market.
Major players operating in the global abiraterone acetate drugs market are listed below:
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- Dr Reddy's Laboratories
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Avalon Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Sterling S.P.A. IT
- ScinoPharm Taiwan
- Hetero Healthcare Limited
- Aurisco Pharmaceutical
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Qilu Pharmaceutical
- Genex Pharma
- Mylan N.V.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.
- Novadoz Pharmaceuticals Llc
- Msn Laboratories Private Limited
- Apotex Corp.
- NorthStar Rx LLC
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market, by Dosage Form
- Film-Coated Tablet
- Uncoated Tablet
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market, by Strength
- 125 mg
- 250 mg
- 500 mg
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market, by Indication
- Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC)
- Metastatic High-risk Castration-sensitive Prostate Cancer (CSPC)
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Abiraterone Acetate Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.