Isobutyl Acetate Market Introduction
- The chemical compound isobutyl acetate, also known as 2-methylpropyl ethanoate, is a common solvent. Isobutyl acetate is produced by the esterification of isobutanol with acetic acid. It is used as a solvent for lacquer and nitrocellulose. Akin to many esters, isobutyl acetate has a fruity or floral smell at low concentrations and occurs naturally in raspberries, pears, and other plants.
- Isobutyl acetate is a medium boiling solvent with a typical mild, fruity, ester odor. It resembles n-butyl acetate and methyl isobutyl ketone in solvent performance and can be used as a replacement for these solvents in various formulations.
- • In terms of application, the global isobutyl acetate can be segmented into c??m?t??? & p?r??n?l c?r?, ph?rm???ut???l?, c??t?ng? & p??nt?, adh???v??, and others. The coatings & paints segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in usage of isobutyl acetate as a raw material in certain coatings and paints.
- In terms of type, the global isobutyl acetate market can be divided into pharma grade, cosmetics grade, and industrial grade. The pharma grade type segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rapidly flourishing pharmaceutical industry across the globe.
Key Drivers of Isobutyl Acetate Market
- Growth in usage of isobutyl acetate in coatings & paints application is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Isobutyl acetate possesses various properties such as good solvent activity, desirable evaporation rate, and pleasant odor. These properties facilitate its usage in a wide range of coating applications. This is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in use of isobutyl acetate as solvent in the production of polymers, resins, oils, and cellulose is projected to boost the isobutyl acetate market. Isobutyl Acetate has strong solvency traits for polymers, resins, oils, and cellulose. It is mainly used as a solvent in the paints & coatings industry for wood varnishes, architectural coatings, printing inks, and adhesives. It can replace n-butyl acetate if a coating needs to dry quicker. Additionally, it is widely used as solvent in aerosol sprays, thinners, sealants, cleaners, fragrances, cosmetics, and personal care-products.
Restraints of Isobutyl Acetate Market
- Side effects associated with isobutyl acetate are restraining the market. Isobutyl acetate carries various side effects. Its odor can be unpleasant and may cause symptoms of central nervous system depression such as nausea, dizziness, and headache. These side effects are leading to an increase in regulatory restrictions on applications of isobutyl acetate. This is estimated to restrain the global market.
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of isobutyl acetate is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of isobutyl acetate. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the isobutyl acetate market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of isobutyl acetate in several developed and underdeveloped countries are also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Isobutyl Acetate Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for Isobutyl Acetate in several applications. Various governments across the globe enforced lockdowns as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this is hampering the demand for Isobutyl Acetate.
- Key players operating in the Isobutyl Acetate market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several of these players have halted their production output since the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of Isobutyl Acetate. Thus, the global Isobutyl Acetate market is projected to contract in 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Isobutyl Acetate Market
- In terms of region, the global Isobutyl Acetate market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global Isobutyl Acetate market during the forecast period. Rapid expansion of paints & coatings, pharmaceutical, cosmetics & personal care industries in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to boost the consumption of Isobutyl Acetate in these countries during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in consumption of isobutyl acetate in the paints & coating industry for automotive applications in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is expected to hold vital share of the global isobutyl acetate market owing to rise in usage of isobutyl acetate in pharmaceutical applications in the region
Prominent Players operating in Global Isobutyl Acetate Market
Major players operating in the global Isobutyl Acetate market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Celanese Corporation
- BP Plc
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Daicel Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Jiangsu Sopo (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Huayi (Group) Company
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings Ltd.
- Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Yankuang Cathay Coal Chemicals Co. Ltd.
Global Isobutyl Acetate Market, by Type
- ?h?rm? Gr?d?
- ???m?t??? Gr?d?
- ?ndu?tr??l Gr?d?
Global Isobutyl Acetate Market, b? ???l???t??n
- ???m?t??? & ??r??n?l ??r?
- ???t?ng? & ???nt?
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.