5G PCB: Introduction
- Printed circuit board (PCB) is a foundational building block of most modern electronic devices. Semiconductors, connectors, resistors, diodes, capacitors and radio devices are mounted on the PCB, and they work with one another through the PCB.
- The fifth-generation, or 5G, would offer 10-20 times higher transmission rates (up to 1Gbps), up to 1000 times higher traffic density and 10 times higher connections per square kilometer, as compared to 4G network; hence, PCBs would have to simultaneously support data rates and frequencies higher than current ones.
- 5G network is estimated to have frequency limit much higher, with bands centered on the frequencies 26 GHz, 30 GHz, and 77 GHz.
- The 5G bandwidth per channel has been set at 100 MHz for frequencies below 6 GHz and at 400 MHz above 6 GHz. Therefore, for PCB design, materials with very low dielectric transmission loss and extremely high thermal conductivity would be required.
Rise in Demand for 5G PCB in Communication Sector
- Increased demand for PCBs in wireless networks and transmission networks and the demand for PCB backplanes, high-frequency PCB boards, and high-speed multilayer printed circuit boards are boosting the 5G PCB market
- Expansion of the 5G PCB market primarily depends on the construction of communication infrastructure driven by 5G. Demand for high frequency and high speed boards, multilayer boards and HDI boards is increasing, which in turn fuels the 5G PCB market.
- The field of consumer electronics started the 5G replacement wave in 2020, which is estimated to boost the HDI expansion, flexible boards, and packaging substrates. Consequently, high speed cellular network, entertainment, and multimedia sectors are projected to offer considerable opportunities to the 5G PCB market.
- The cellular 5G antenna is required for developing 5G solutions. Furthermore, high speed 5G PCB design and fabrication is needed for this 5G antenna to function optimally. This is anticipated to propel the demand for 5G PCB in the communication sector.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global 5G PCB Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the 5G PCB market due to a rise in the demand for high-layer circuit boards in communications and servers/storage, which are estimated to witness rapid expansion.
- Increase in demand for higher speeds and higher frequencies, rise in usage of internet and rapid expansion of the consumer electronics industry in Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the 5G PCB market in the region
- Technological advancements such as AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), tablet computers, and wearable devices have been gaining traction among consumers in emerging countries such as India and Indonesia, thereby offering significant opportunities in the 5G PCB market
- Rapidly advancements in the manufacturing of PCBs, in terms of high density, high precision, and high performance, have led to the miniaturization of PCBs and performance upgrades in order to cater to the diverse needs of various application fields, which in turn is fueling the 5G PCB market. Furthermore, investment in precision HDI boards and IC packaging boards is also boosting the 5G PCB market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global 5G PCB Market
- RayMing Technology Co., Ltd.
- RUSH PCB Inc.
- JingHongYi PCB (HK) Co., Limited
- Miracle Technology
- ONESEINE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
Global 5G PCB Market: Research Scope
Global 5G PCB Market, by Type
- Rigid Board (RPCB)
- Flexible Board (FPC)
- Rigid-Flex Board
Global 5G PCB Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Control and Medical Equipment
- Automotive Electronics
- Military/ Aerospace
Global 5G PCB Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.