3D Printed Surgical Models Market: Introduction
- Surgical models are used before planning the surgery in order to improve post-surgery outcomes. These type of models are also used in planning interventions to treat hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Aortic anatomy and diameters can be reproduced accurately to allow in vitro simulation and preoperative planning using 3D models.
- The 3D printed surgical models also help educate young surgeons about tactile and three-dimensional inspection of the tissues and various parts of body. Moreover, they are used to help patients prepare for surgery.
Key Drivers of Global 3D Printed Surgical Models Market
- Increase in prevalence of chronic disorders, rise in number of surgical procedures, and growing need for customized health care products are expected to propel the demand for 3D printed surgical models
- Increase in use of 3D printed surgical models in endovascular aneurysm repair; in orthopedic surgery for treatment of trauma injuries and planning of tumor resection; in cardiac surgery for repair of congenital defects and presurgical planning of tumor resections; in neurosurgery for navigation training; and in vascular surgery for printing aortic models is anticipated to boost the growth of the market
- Rise in use of new technologies such as fused deposition modeling and stereolithography for printing surgical models is also a key factor for driving the market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of 3D Printed Surgical Models Market Report
Cardiac Surgery Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on specialty, the global 3D printed surgical models market can be segmented into cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, gastroenterology endoscopy of esophagus, orthopedic surgery, surgical oncology, reconstructive surgery, and transplant surgery
- The cardiac surgery segment accounted for the highest share of the 3D printed surgical models market in 2018. The segment is further divided into annuloplasty, repair coronary aneurysm, stent insertion, and others.
- The cardiac surgery segment is expected to dominate the 3D printed surgical models market due to increase in incidence rate of cardiac diseases. Moreover, 3D printed surgical model helps understand the complexities of congenital heart conditions, which is likely to propel the market.
North America to Dominate Global 3D Printed Surgical Models Market
- In terms of region, the global 3D printed surgical models market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global 3D printed surgical models market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in geriatric population, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, strong government support for quality health care, and rise in demand for technologically advanced products.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products, increasing per capita income, and high unmet medical need in in emerging countries such as India and China
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in 3D Printed Surgical Models Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global 3D printed surgical models market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Stratasys Ltd
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Lazarus 3D, LLC
- Onkos Surgical
- Materialise NV
- 3D LifePrints UK Ltd.
- WhiteClouds Inc.
3D Printed Surgical Models Market: Research Scope
3D Printed Surgical Models Market, by Specialty
- Cardiac Surgery
- Annuloplasty (mitral valve repair)
- Repair Coronary Aneurysm
- Stent Insertion
- Gastroenterology Endoscopy of Esophagus
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery
3D Printed Surgical Models Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.