3D Mammography Market: Introduction
- Breast tomosynthesis, also known as 3D mammography, is the latest technology used for breast cancer screening. According to Hologic, its Hologic 3Dimensions™ Mammography System detect 20%-65% more invasive cancer than 2D mammography systems.
- 3D mammography allows visualization in thin slices, as tomosynthesis eliminates overlap of normal tissue, thereby decreasing inaccurate readings
Key Drivers of Global 3D Mammography Market
- The global 3D mammography market is likely to be driven by the rise in prevalence of breast cancer. Incidences of breast cancer are higher in developed countries while mortality rate is higher in lesser-developed and poor countries due to late diagnosis and availability of necessary health care and treatment facilities. Therefore, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in developed and developing countries across the globe is anticipated to drive the global 3D mammography market.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women. In 2017, breast cancer accounted for 30% of all types of newly diagnosed cancer among women.
- Increase in breast cancer research activities is driving the demand for 3D mammography systems. Moreover, 3D mammography systems are used for breast research to acquire a comprehensive understanding. This, in turn, is contributing to the growth of the global 3D mammography market.
- There is a rise in trend of rental contract agreement of 3D mammography systems. Rental contract agreements allow end-users to pay a certain amount per 3D mammogram performed using 3D mammography systems installed free of cost by manufacturers. This helps low budget hospitals and diagnostic labs to adopt this advanced technology for breast imaging.
- Public mammography screening has been introduced in several countries in recent years. 3D mammography systems are used in these public mammography screening programs to obtain maximum accuracy in detection of breast cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive 3D Mammography Market Brochure
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global 3D Mammography Market
- North America was the leading market for 3D mammography systems in 2018 driven by the rise in the adoption of technologically advanced devices for breast imaging. Moreover, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in the geriatric population is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Favorable reimbursement policies in the U.S. for mammography is anticipated to augment the market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 252,710 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2017 and the incidence rate is expected to increase substantially over the next few years
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for 3D mammography during the forecast period due to the improving health care infrastructure. Rise in the number of diagnostic centers is likely to fuel the growth of the global 3D mammography market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom 3D Mammography Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Mammography Market
Major players in the global 3D mammography market are:
- General Electric Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- PLANMED OY
Global 3D Mammography Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Application
Global 3D Mammography Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Educational & Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.