3D Mammography Market: Introduction
- Breast tomosynthesis, also known as 3D mammography, is the latest technology used for breast cancer screening. According to Hologic, its Hologic 3Dimensions™ Mammography System detect 20%-65% more invasive cancer than 2D mammography systems.
- 3D mammography allows visualization in thin slices, as tomosynthesis eliminates overlap of normal tissue, thereby decreasing inaccurate readings
Key Drivers of Global 3D Mammography Market
- The global 3D mammography market is likely to be driven by the rise in prevalence of breast cancer. Incidences of breast cancer are higher in developed countries while mortality rate is higher in lesser-developed and poor countries due to late diagnosis and availability of necessary health care and treatment facilities. Therefore, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in developed and developing countries across the globe is anticipated to drive the global 3D mammography market.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women. In 2017, breast cancer accounted for 30% of all types of newly diagnosed cancer among women.
- Increase in breast cancer research activities is driving the demand for 3D mammography systems. Moreover, 3D mammography systems are used for breast research to acquire a comprehensive understanding. This, in turn, is contributing to the growth of the global 3D mammography market.
- There is a rise in trend of rental contract agreement of 3D mammography systems. Rental contract agreements allow end-users to pay a certain amount per 3D mammogram performed using 3D mammography systems installed free of cost by manufacturers. This helps low budget hospitals and diagnostic labs to adopt this advanced technology for breast imaging.
- Public mammography screening has been introduced in several countries in recent years. 3D mammography systems are used in these public mammography screening programs to obtain maximum accuracy in detection of breast cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive 3D Mammography Market Brochure
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global 3D Mammography Market
- North America was the leading market for 3D mammography systems in 2018 driven by the rise in the adoption of technologically advanced devices for breast imaging. Moreover, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in the geriatric population is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Favorable reimbursement policies in the U.S. for mammography is anticipated to augment the market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 252,710 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2017 and the incidence rate is expected to increase substantially over the next few years
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for 3D mammography during the forecast period due to the improving health care infrastructure. Rise in the number of diagnostic centers is likely to fuel the growth of the global 3D mammography market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom 3D Mammography Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Mammography Market
Major players in the global 3D mammography market are:
- General Electric Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- PLANMED OY
Global 3D Mammography Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Application
Global 3D Mammography Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Educational & Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.