3D Mammography Market: Introduction
- Breast tomosynthesis, also known as 3D mammography, is the latest technology used for breast cancer screening. According to Hologic, its Hologic 3Dimensions™ Mammography System detect 20%-65% more invasive cancer than 2D mammography systems.
- 3D mammography allows visualization in thin slices, as tomosynthesis eliminates overlap of normal tissue, thereby decreasing inaccurate readings
Key Drivers of Global 3D Mammography Market
- The global 3D mammography market is likely to be driven by the rise in prevalence of breast cancer. Incidences of breast cancer are higher in developed countries while mortality rate is higher in lesser-developed and poor countries due to late diagnosis and availability of necessary health care and treatment facilities. Therefore, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in developed and developing countries across the globe is anticipated to drive the global 3D mammography market.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women. In 2017, breast cancer accounted for 30% of all types of newly diagnosed cancer among women.
- Increase in breast cancer research activities is driving the demand for 3D mammography systems. Moreover, 3D mammography systems are used for breast research to acquire a comprehensive understanding. This, in turn, is contributing to the growth of the global 3D mammography market.
- There is a rise in trend of rental contract agreement of 3D mammography systems. Rental contract agreements allow end-users to pay a certain amount per 3D mammogram performed using 3D mammography systems installed free of cost by manufacturers. This helps low budget hospitals and diagnostic labs to adopt this advanced technology for breast imaging.
- Public mammography screening has been introduced in several countries in recent years. 3D mammography systems are used in these public mammography screening programs to obtain maximum accuracy in detection of breast cancer.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive 3D Mammography Market Brochure
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global 3D Mammography Market
- North America was the leading market for 3D mammography systems in 2018 driven by the rise in the adoption of technologically advanced devices for breast imaging. Moreover, rise in prevalence of breast cancer in the geriatric population is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Favorable reimbursement policies in the U.S. for mammography is anticipated to augment the market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 252,710 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2017 and the incidence rate is expected to increase substantially over the next few years
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for 3D mammography during the forecast period due to the improving health care infrastructure. Rise in the number of diagnostic centers is likely to fuel the growth of the global 3D mammography market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom 3D Mammography Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Mammography Market
Major players in the global 3D mammography market are:
- General Electric Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- PLANMED OY
Global 3D Mammography Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Application
Global 3D Mammography Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Educational & Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
Global 3D Mammography Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.