Cardiac mapping is one of the advanced techniques associated with the collection and display of data gathered from an electrocardiogram. It is characterized as a process involving identification of spatial and temporal distribution of myocardial electrical signals during a particular heart rhythm. The latest 3D cardiac mapping systems create three dimensional model of any chamber of heart and can track exact location of the catheter. This allows movement of catheters without using an X-ray. 3D cardiac mapping system allows physicians to accurately identify the location of heart chambers that are experiencing arrhythmia.
Increasing incidence of arrhythmia and other cardiac disorders are likely to fuel the demand for 3D cardiac mapping systems technology. In addition, increase in health care expenditure, growing pressure to reduce diagnosis errors, rise in geriatric population, and less time consuming factor are likely to propel the growth of this market. Nevertheless, high cost of the services and limited adoption rate of the system are expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for 3D Cardiac Mapping Systems Market, Request a Brochure here
Global 3D Cardiac Mapping Systems Market: Competitive Landscape
Major players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, agreements, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global 3D cardiac mapping systems market.
- In May 2019, Philips and Medtronic, signed a collaboration to extend the business in the cardiac imaging and navigation system segment
- In March 2017, Biosense Webster launched Carto 3 system. This advanced 3-D mapping system integrates multiple data sets and images into one resource for highly detailed, real-time information.
Biosense Webster, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Founded in 1847, Biosense Webster, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary company of Johnson & Johnson. The company is headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S. It markets its products and technologies in the following medical specialties: CARTO System Solutions and non-navigational products.
- CARTO System Solutions include CARTO system, therapeutic catheter, ultrasound catheter, and generators
- Established in 1949, Medtronic is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S. The company operates through four main business segments: Cardiac & Vascular Group, Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Restorative Therapies Group, and Diabetes Group. Medtronic operates in 160 countries across 480 locations globally, serving more than 65 million patients. It holds more than 45,000 patents in the medical technology industry.
- Founded in 1988, Abbott Laboratories is a medical and pharmaceutical devices company that provides a wide range of diagnostic and medical test instruments used to diagnose and monitor infectious diseases, cancer, heart diseases, and metabolic disorders; and assess other health indicators. The company operates in more than 150 countries through various segments, such as, pharmaceutical products, diagnostic products, nutritional products, and vascular products. The company has developed innovative 3D Cardiac Mapping Systems i.e. ENSITE PRECISION.
Boston Scientific Corporation, Inc.
- Founded in 1979, Boston Scientific Corporation is a global medical device company that offers a wide range of medical specialties such as cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, oncology, urology, electrophysiology, endoscopy, and gynecology. The company focuses on developing advanced medical technologies in its core segments such as Cardiovascular, Rhythm Management, and Medsurg. The company has developed cardiac mapping systems such as RHYTHMIA HDx.
Global 3D Cardiac Mapping Systems Market: Dynamics
Rise in Incidence of Cardiovascular Diseases to Boost Market
Increase in prevalence of arrhythmia and other cardiac disorders is likely to fuel the demand for 3D cardiac mapping systems. The prevalence of cardiac arrhythmia has increased steadily in the past few years due to increased risk of stroke and hospitalizations. This has resulted in increasing demand for devices for the early detection and treatment of cardiac arrhythmia. These factors are likely to drive the 3D cardiac mapping systems market. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 2.7–6.1 million people in the U.S. have Atrial Fibrillation (Arrhythmia).
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Focus on Launch of Innovative Products to Boost Market
Manufacturers in the 3D cardiac mapping systems market are strongly focused on increasing investments in research & development activities in order to design and develop new and innovative 3D cardiac mapping systems. For instance, in May 2019, Biosense Webster Inc. launched Cartonet, which is a software that provides cloud-based network for electrophysiologists to analyze, review, and share atrial fibrillation case data to improve procedural efficiency.
Global 3D Cardiac Mapping Systems Market: Segmentation
Based on technology, the global 3D cardiac mapping systems market can be divided into:
- Electroanatomical Mapping
- Basket Catheter Mapping
- Real-time Positional Management (Cardiac Pathways) EP system
In terms of end-user, the global 3D cardiac mapping systems market can be classified into:
- Diagnostic Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.