Vitreoretinal surgery devices are used to treat different ophthalmic diseases and disorders such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, uveitis and vitreous hemorrhage. These diseases are primarily related to the retina, vitreous and macula.Ophthalmic surgeons use specialized instruments, techniques and solutions for to perform these vitreoretinal surgeries. Severe loss of vision or blindness due to retinal and vitreous problems can be well treated by timely surgical intervention.
The global market for the vitreoretinal surgery devices can be segmented into three major categories – vitreo retinal surgical packs, vitreo retinal per fluoro carbon liquids (PFCL) and vitreo retinal prefilled silicone oil syringes. The vitreoretinal surgery is basically of two types, anterior and posterior. Both these types of surgeries require specific equipment and device, though there are few devices in the market which can be used in both the types of surgeries.
North America forms the biggest market for these devices owing to the high proportion of aging population and rising incidences of eye disorders. The growing demand for ophthalmic surgeries and treatments in emerging countries such as China, India and South Korea is expected to boost the growth of vitreoretinal surgery devices market in the Asia-Pacific regions.
The recent advances in the vitreoretinal surgery devices are focused upon minimizing trauma to the eye, less procedural time required for the surgery and miniaturization of the surgical instruments. The other advancements driving the market are development of smaller port and suture less surgery. Increase in the awareness about the eye-care has increased the number of vitreoretinal surgeries across the globe. This is expected to propel the demand for surgical devices in the coming years.
Some of the major industry players in the global vitreoretinal surgery market are Alcon, Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Inc., Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center International BV, MedOne Surgical, Inc., Designs For Vision Pty Ltd, and OCULUS Optikgeräte GmbH.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments