Veterinary MRI Systems Market: Overview
Over the years veterinary care has witnessed tremendous paradigm shift especially with respect to diagnostic imaging. Magnetic resonance imaging is a sophisticated 3D imaging technique which has been a widely used clinical diagnostic tool in last 2 decades. MRI measures and record changes in the magnetic property of the protons present in the cellular water. Unlike x-rays, MRI does not require the use of ionizing radiation. For imaging, MRI device uses radio waves and magnetic field such as pulsed electromagnetic fields in order to excite the protons in the region of interest.
Until recently, MRI had limited applications in veterinary medicine primarily due to cost associated with the initial set up and high operational expenses. In developed regions such as the United States and Europe 7 Tesla and 11 Tesla MRI are among the widely used imaging technique. In veterinary MRI is now seen as a gold standard technique for brain and spinal examination such as spinal disk herniation, trauma of the brain and spine, brain tumors, strokes, and brain malformations.
Additionally, MRI is also seen as a powerful technique for examining tendons and ligament related ailments. In case of chronic wounds and draining tracts MRI imaging helps identifying foreign bodies within the wound which has effectively contributed in increasing the application areas.
Veterinary MRI Systems Market: Trends
In research and development i.e. preclinical imaging the advent of 15.2 Tesla and 21.0 Tesla has drastically revolutionized the micro-MRI market in past few years. Micro-MRI devices are also capable of efficiently rendering information regarding tissue composition, perfusion, oxygenation, tissue elasticity and metabolic activities in a single acquisition. Pertaining to its safety and ease of use, micro-MRI procedure accounts for approximately 23% - 28% of all small animal procedures. Technological advancements pertaining to magnetic field and radiation free imaging are among the key drivers for the growth of veterinary MRI market across the globe. The advent of open MRI systems has also contributed to the growth and demand for MRI devices in veterinary. The only restraint to the growth of the market includes the high cost of the device. In emerging markets, increasing awareness about animal health and rising adoption of imaging modalities are latent growth opportunity for the market in forthcoming years.
Veterinary MRI Systems Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically in terms of revenue, developed regions such as the North America and Europe are major contributors owing to increased adoption rate for veterinary MRI devices. Moreover, large number of ongoing pre-clinical researches has also boosted the market in past few years. Despite a high adoption rate the market share of developed regions is expected to decline primarily due to increasing demand for veterinary MRI devices in Asia Pacific and Latin America region.
The majority of the growth in the Asia-Pacific region is primarily driven by the increasing demand of diagnostic tests in the animal health industry in China and India. The growth in the Asia-Pacific and Latin American regions can be attributed to the increased disposable incomes leading to growth in the per capita animal health expenditure in these regions. However demand for pre-owned MRI devices a key restraint affecting the sales of devices in Middle East and Asia Pacific countries.
Veterinary MRI Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players operating in the global veterinary MRI market include Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging Ltd., Esaote SpA, Imotek International Ltd., Universal Medical Systems, Inc., Bruker Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Mediso Ltd., MR solutions, Burgess Diagnostics Ltd, and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.