Ranging from mild to life threatening, short term to life long, Vasculitis is a term for a group of rare diseases that have in common, a condition that destroys blood vessels by inflammation. Affecting both sexes and all ages, vasculitis is caused by leukocyte migration and can affect arteries and veins in the body. Lymphangitis can also be considered as a type of vasculitis. Fever, weight loss, abdominal pain, myocardial infraction, arthralgia and others are the possible symptoms of vasculitis. This disorder can affect the blood vessels such as arteries, capillaries and veins in the body as it results in poor blood flow to tissues throughout the body, such as the lungs, nerves and skin. If the blood vessel is inflamed it blocks or closes the path for blood flow that leads to aneurysm. Shortness of breath, numbness in hand or foot, red spots on the skin, lumps or sores are some of the common symptoms of Vasculitis. Though vasculitis of the kidneys may produce no symptoms at first, but it still remains a serious predicament. Often requiring treatment with immunosuppressive drugs, Vasculitics diseases are inflammatory health problems whose early detection and treatment can prevent permanent damage. Glucocorticoids comprises an integral part of the medication used to treat vasculitis. The dosage and the length of the treatment depends on the severity of the disease and the personal history of the patient. An autoimmune disease where the body comes under attack by its own immune system, some cases of Vasculitis are also caused by reactions to medicines.
Vasculitis is a very rare disease and some of the types of vasculitis diseases are mentioned below:
- By large vessel vasculitis
- Behçet's Disease
- Cogan's Syndrome
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Takayasu's Arteritis
- By medium vessel vasculitis
- Buerger's Disease
- Central Nervous System Vasculitis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Polyarteritis Nodosa
- By small vessel vasculitis
- Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Essential Mixed Cryoglobulinemia
- Henoch-Schönlein Purpura
- Hypersensitivity Vasculitis
- Microscopic Polyangiitis
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Rising incidences of metabolic disorders and circulatory diseases would accentuate the growth of this disease. Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that in the year 2013 around 8,000,000 people were diagnosed with peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and is expected to grow significantly in near future owing to sedentary and changing lifestyle. This, the above mentioned factors drive the growth of this market globally. However, lack of awareness is one of the restraining factor of this market.
Geographically, North America is the leading region for the global vasculitis market owing to increasing healthcare awareness. In addition, rise in circulatory diseases namely, peripheral vascular diseases also accentuates the growth in this region. The market in Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a significant due to rise in disposable income and increasing healthcare awareness.
Vasculitis Market Key Players
Some of the key players engaged in developing vasculitis therapeutics market are Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., RNL BIO Co., Ltd., Teijin Pharma Limited, Anthera Pharmaceuticals‚ Inc., Human Genome Sciences, Inc.¸ Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and Genentech, Inc. among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.