Uterine fibroids (myoma) are benign (non-cancerous) lumps that grow in the muscular wall of the uterus. They vary in sizes, from minute (a quarter of an inch) to the size of more than16 centimeters. The incidence of uterine fibroid is about 20%–40% in women during their reproductive ages. Occasionally, these fibroids swell up and make the uterus to grow like full visible pregnancy. Mostly, there are more than one fibroid in the uterus. However, fibroids do not always cause any symptoms, their location, and size results to difficulties for few women, including pain, discomfort and heavy bleeding. Uterine fibroid can be of different types such as intramural fibroids, subserosal fibroids, pedunculated fibroids and submucosal fibroids. There can be many reasons for uterine fibroid formation but genetic problems hormonal imbalance and other factors are predominant. The cardinal symptoms of uterine fibroids are heavy menstrual bleeding, abdominal pain, excessive uterine bleeding, increased urinary frequency, anaemia and infertility. Apart from physical morbidity, uterine fibroid ailment is a frequent cause of significant damage of quality of life and a major reason for hysterectomy. Therapy has traditionally based on two extremes: medicinal management, comprising progestins, oral contraceptives and GnRH agonists and surgical management, including myomectomy, hysterectomy, and ablation for most serious cases.
Patients suffering from uterine fibroid problem represent an undeserved and huge market due to the absence of satisfactory medical treatments. Uterine fibroids affects nearly 40% of women in the age group of 30 and 55, including 20 million women in North America and 24 million women in Europe with over 7 million patients worldwide presently undergo various symptom management treatments.
The market for uterine fibroid are divided based on non-hormonal treatment, hormonal treatment, surgical methods and geographically. Non-hormonal treatment are subdivided into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDS). Hormonal treatment segmented as Oral contraceptives, Progestins/Antiprogestins, Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists. Surgical Methods are segmented as traditional abdominal myomectomy, laparoscopic or robotic myomectomy, hysteroscopic myomectomy, hysterectomy, uterine artery embolization or fibroid embolization (UAE) and ablation.
Some of Major players in uterine fibroid market are Boston Scientific Corporation, Cooper Surgical, C.R. Bard, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GE Healthcare, Karl Storz Endoscopy, Richard Wolf Medical Instruments and Siemens Medical Solutions, AbbVie Inc., AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited, Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson and Novartis AG.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.