A class of polyesters used in composite materials, which comprises approximately 80% of the total thermoset resins, is unsaturated polyester resin which is commonly referred to as UPR. The growing demand for UPR from end use industries is expected to drive its demand over the next five years. During the recession of 2009-2010, all the major industries across the globe experienced an adverse effect due to the economic downturn which included the UPR industry as well. Owing to the economic meltdown during that period, the major companies operating in the global market of UPR witnessed a decline in their revenues by approximately 25% to 30%. But since then the market is steadily coming back on track.
The global market for unsaturated polyester resin is expected to cross USD 7 billion by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2012 to 2018. One of the major factors which is driving the global market for UPR is the growing demand for fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP). The growing demand for light weight and durable composites is also expected to drive the global market over the next five years. However, there are recycling issues associated with UPR since they exhibit poor recycling properties.
Asia-Pacific is the leading market for UPR which accounted for more than 50% of the total unsaturated polyester resin consumed in 2011. The market for UPR is slowly consolidating and major producers are shifting their production facilities to low cost countries like China and India. Moreover, the demand arising from these regions are forcing the major players to shift their focus towards the growing economies of China and India.
Some of the leading companies operating in the global market of UPR include AOC Resin, Ashland Inc., BASF, Dow Chemical, DSM, Lanxess, Du Pont de Nemours and Company, and a few others.
The market for UPR is segmented on the basis of product type into orthophthalic polyesters, isophthalic polyesters, terephthalic polyesters, and vinyl ester resins. The report also segments the market in terms of application as fiberglass-reinforced plastics (FRP), marine accessories, land transportation, pipes and tanks, electrical and electronics equipments, consumer goods, and other applications.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments