Global Polymer Concrete Market: Overview
Polymer concrete is a compound, which uses synthetic organic polymer as binder. Portland cement has been completely replaced by plastic resin concrete or synthetic resin concrete, which is then mixed with hardening agent, sand, gravel, filler, or quartz powder. The chemical present in this material exhibits various different properties such as high impact strength, high compressive strength, fast curing, high resistance to chemical attack, abrasion, and low permeability. The primary method of producing polymer concrete is by reduction of volume of voids in aggregates which would lower the quantity of polymer required for binding these aggregates. Binding is achieved by properly grading the aggregate in order to maintain less voids and maximum density. The properties of polymer concrete are highly dependent on the type, amount, and the properties of polymers in the concrete being used. The cost of polymer concrete is higher than that of cement.
Polymer concrete materials can be broadly classified into Polymer Portland Cement Concrete (PPCC), Polymer Impregnated Concrete (PIC), and Sulfur-Impregnated Concrete. PPCC uses polymers and cement to form polymer cement concrete. It exhibits distinct properties than that of normal concrete such as durability to freezing, excellent ductility, and resistance to penetration by salt and water. It is used widely in mortars, flooring, patching compounds, etc. PIC uses the general procedure of impregnation of removing water by drying. It offers properties such as high strength, resistance to corrosion which is particularly used in structural elements and bridge decks. Sulfur impregnated concrete increases the strength by its interaction between sulfur and calcium hydroxide. This provides it with chemical resistance. Sulfur impregnated concrete is widely employed in industrial plants. Polymer binder can be thermoplastic or thermosetting polymer. Thermoplastics can be heated and formed repeatedly, while thermosetting can only be heated and shaped once. Polymer binders are frequently of thermosetting type.
Polymer concrete is used in various applications. It is extensively used in nuclear power plants, marine works, industrial tanks, water storage systems, sewage works, waterproofing structures, industrial plants, desalination plants, prefabricated structural elements, bridge drainage system, linear drainage system, electrolysis of non-ferrous metals, etc. Growth in transportation and increase in infrastructural activities are the major factors driving the demand for polymer concrete. Also due to its distinct superior characteristics, increase in the need of material with high toughness, strength, durability and ductability are one of the important factor for using environment friendly concrete. High cost of polymer concrete is a restraining factor for the polymer concrete market. Thus, polymer concrete can only be used in applications that require low energy consumption and less manpower.
In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is leading the polymer concrete market across the globe. This trend is expected continue during the forecast period, led by growth in transportation and infrastructure industries in the region. The U.S. also accounts for significant share of the polymer concrete market in terms of demand due to the expansion of the construction industry in the country. The polymer concrete market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expanding at a sluggish pace than that in other regions. Replacement of the existing concrete, increase in awareness about the usage of polymers, and development of new cheaper products are likely to offer immense opportunities for the polymer concrete market. Rest of the World market accounts for small share of the polymer concrete market; however, the region’s share is anticipated to increase during the forecast period.
Key manufacturers and suppliers in the polymer concrete market include Bechtel Corporation, BASF, Bouygues S.A., Forte Composites Inc, Wacker Chemie AG, Kwik Bond Polymers, and ACO Group of Companies.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.