The report on the therapeutic vaccines market provides pin-point analysis and forward-looking assessment of key product segments, geographical regions, and competitive profile of overall global industry. Therapeutic vaccines have become the cornerstone of immunization and chronic disease treatment, because they work by triggering a body-immune response to help combat a disease.
The report studies all the important components that constitute the global therapeutic vaccines market. Given that this industry is subjected to numerous regulations and approvals, it becomes imperative for market players to anticipate these developments and negotiate their way through the complex business landscape. That’s precisely what this report has been designed for.
Overview of the Therapeutic Vaccines Market
In 2011, therapeutic vaccines were a US$292 million market globally. Therapeutic vaccines are effective because they give the body an extra boost of immune power, potentially helping it fight against several diseases including cancer and HIV. With an ever-expanding body of evidence about the efficacy of therapeutic vaccines, there is much to look forward to in the global therapeutic vaccines space.
A number of companies have taken an active lead in opening up new avenues for the growth of this market. The first among these was Provenge, which holds the distinction of being the first FDA-accepted immunotherapy drug indicated for the treatment of prostate cancer. Since the approval of Provenge in 2010, the market has taken lofty strides with many novel vaccines being developed for numerous untapped disease segments.
Currently, a number of therapeutic vaccines are in the pipeline for diseases such as malaria, breast cancer, lung cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes, many of which will be launched by 2018. The lucrative potential presented by therapeutic vaccines is among the greatest growth drivers. On the flip side, players in the therapeutic vaccines market have to contend with non-existent reimbursement policies for such vaccines, massive R&D investments, and a lengthy regulatory approval process. However, considering the immense potential offered by therapeutic vaccines, regulatory bodies are trying to expedite the policy formulation process. This factor will work in favor of the global therapeutic vaccines market.
Companies in this market need to strike a fine balance between four important factors while formulating therapeutic vaccines:
- Antigens: These are the components that induce an immune response in the body and trigger the growth of antibodies
- Adjuvants: These immunological agents play a key role in altering the effects of a vaccine. Antigens with enhanced immunogenicity can be obtained via the design of new adjuvants.
- Cost effectiveness: Production systems that offer cost efficiency are the need of the hour.
- Innovation: The way therapeutic vaccines are administered can help improve their efficacy. Hence, designing innovative delivery systems is critical.
North American Therapeutic Vaccine Market Most Lucrative
The greatest chunk of revenue in the therapeutic vaccine market will come from North America. The growth of this market will be bolstered because of the presence of advanced and active R&D establishments here.
From the application perspective, the therapeutic vaccines market is segmented as: Infectious diseases, oncology and other chronic disorders. In 2011, the oncology segment was the largest, and will thus attract more interest in R&D from market players.
Companies Profiled in the Report
Merck and GSK are two companies that boast a very strong therapeutic vaccine pipeline. Because of this added edge, these two companies will likely outperform their competitors through 2018. Among the other key players that have a presence in the therapeutic vaccines market are: Sanofi-Pasteur, Intellect Neurosciences and Cytos Biotechnology AG.
This market research report analyzes the following geographies:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments