Tachycardia Market: Overview
Tachycardia refers to rapid abnormal heartbeat that exceeds the normal heartbeat range and the irregular heart rhythm is usually more than 100 beats per minute. Due to higher-than-normal heartbeat, there is an increase in the need for oxygen by the heart muscle and the heart is not able to pump oxygenated blood to the body efficiently. Reaction to certain medications, heart abnormalities, coronary artery diseases, heart muscle diseases, hypertension, and hyperthyroidism are few of the causes of tachycardia. Various symptoms related to tachycardia are breathlessness, dizziness, heart palpitations, fainting, weakness, and chest pain.
There are treatments which can possibly treat or manage tachycardia, which are as follows:
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD)
- Vagal maneuvers
- Medications (Lanoxin, tapazole, acetaminophen etc.)
Based on the type of tachycardia, this market can be further segmented as follows:
- Atrial fibrillation: It is the rapid rate of heart beat in the two upper chambers, the atria
- Atrial flutter: The heart’s atrium beats rapidly but at a regular rate due to weak contractions of the atria
- Supraventricular tachycardia: This tachycardia originates above the ventricular tissue and is caused by abnormal electric signals inside the heart
- Ventricular tachycardia: Abnormal heart beat rate in the ventricles, due to which the ventricles is not able to contract efficiently
- Ventruicular fibrillation: It occurs when rapid electrical heart signals cause the ventricles to tremble instead of pumping
Tachycardia Market: Growth Drivers
The major factors, which will drive the growth of the tachycardia market are increase in the prevalence of various heart diseases (i.e., atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter); growth in the prevalence of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter can be linked to the rapidly increasing aging population, sedentary lifestyle and related risk factors such as lung diseases and hypertension. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s prediction, 12 million people will be affected with atrial fibrillation by 2050 worldwide. On the other hand, a few adverse effects of therapeutic drugs such as bleeding risk and toxicity in the brain would most likely impede the growth of the tachycardia market.
Tachycardia Market: Region-wise Insight
Geographically, North America dominates the tachycardia market followed by Europe. The prime factors that have boosted the growth of this market in these regions are high awareness of the population about cardiovascular diseases coupled with geriatric population, which is rapidly increasing. According to the National Health Service (NHS), the prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the U.K. was estimated to be 1.4 percent in 2011.
Moreover, technological advancement and improvements and increased competition from small market players have further fuelled the growth of the tachycardia market. Asia-Pacific is growing at the fastest rate and is one of the most lucrative regional markets for tachycardia treatments. Advantageous factors which will augment the growth of this market in Asia-Pacific are presence of emerging economies, improvement in healthcare infrastructures, constantly changing lifestyles of people which has accelerated the prevalence of heart diseases and the increasing need of individuals to opt for the most sophisticated treatment options. The co-operative initiatives and allowances offered by domestic governments to the healthcare sector in this region are remarkably high and thereby it will increase the chances of growth of this market in Asia-Pacific.
Tachycardia Market: Key Players
Some of the major market players operating in the tachycardia market are Medtronic, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Terumo Corporation, Atrium Medical Corporation, Sorin Group, Boston Scientific Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Asahi Intecc Co., Ltd. and many others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth insights, understanding market evolution by tracking historical developments, and analyzing the present scenario and future projections based on optimistic and likely scenarios. Each research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology developments, types, applications, and the competitive landscape.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Key market segments and sub-segments
- Evolving market trends and dynamics
- Changing supply and demand scenarios
- Quantifying market opportunities through market sizing and market forecasting
- Tracking current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive insights
- Opportunity mapping in terms of technological break throughs
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
TMR estimates the market size of various sectors using a combination of available data on the number and revenue of companies within each sub-sector and tiers of companies. The basic components used to determine market size and forecast for a specific product area are not only limited to supply-side data, but are also related to demand, industry trends, and the economic outlook. All the above data points are utilized to generate a statistical model targeting the sector marketplace. More than 300 TMR analysts across the world integrate these elements into a framework to determine the subsector market size for a base year and then forecast growth within each market.
TMR regularly interviews technology and business professionals as an ongoing effort to track the latest developments within each sector. These continuous surveys are stratified by company size and industry segment and weighted to reflect the global market place. All data are collected on an ongoing effort through a structured questionnaire rolled over the web or conducted via telephones. This provides the TMR team opportunities to request for detailed question sets, complex skip patterns, and real-time calculations, which assists respondents in answering questions involving numbers and percentages. Respondents, who are interviewed as experts, are screened and qualified based on certain criteria in addition to their decision-making authority and the scope of activity within their organizations.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.