The term sterilization refers to any procedure that helps in destroying all forms of microbial life and transmissible agents. Transmissible agents are bacteria, fungi, spore forms and virus. These micro-organisms and transmissible agents are present on the surface of medical instruments, contained in medication, fluid and biological culture media. Sterilization helps in making these culture media infection free by applying heat, pressure, chemical and filtration. This process disables the infectious protein like prions of the micro-organism and hence results in infection free medium.
Sterilization is achieved through various methods such as steam sterilization, heat sterilization, chemical sterilization, radiation and sterile filtration. In steam and heat sterilization, the artifacts which are to be sterilized are placed in a steel container and subjected to high temperature. These containers are incorporated with numerous parts that help in maintaining temperature and pressure inside the container. In chemical sterilization, various chemicals such as ethylene oxide, nitrogen dioxide, bleach, ozone, phthalaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, formaldehyde, hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid, and silver are used. In radiation sterilization, rays like gamma, ultraviolet, electron beam and X-rays are used. These processes may sometime destroy liquid medium along with the micro-organism. To overcome this situation, sterile filtration is performed where the fluids are passed through very minute pores whose size ranges from 20 to 50 nm. These small pores do not allow the micro-organism to pass since size of these organisms is larger than the pores.
This market is expected to grow due to rise in safety processes of the various medical institution and research laboratories. In addition rise in number of surgeries and would consequently increase the demand of infection free instruments. In addition, drug preparations also require high sterile medium which would also augment the growth of this market. Moreover, the governments have made stringent rules for various medical institutes to sterile instruments after every use which would also trigger the growth of this market.
Some of the market players in this industry segment are Roche, Pfizer, Becton Dickinson, Advanced Sterilization Products, Belimed AG and bioMerieux amongst other significant players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments