Smart antennas are also known as multiple antennas or adaptive antennas (MIMO) and are used for identifying the direction of the arriving signal at the receiver or transmitter or both. Owing to authorization of 802.11 standards along with increasing applications of wireless technology in mobile communication and defense, the global market for smart antennas is expected to grow at a significant rate from 2012 to 2018.
Smart antennas are set to bring a revolution in wireless communication systems with their potential to implement more powerful, efficient, and cost effective wireless transmission systems. The most important driver for smart antennas is their performance enhancing capability in terms of coverage, range, and capacity.
The growing need for faster data transmission in modern communication systems with web browsing, high speed downloading, and optimized evolution data has forced companies to improve the efficiency of wireless transmission and this has increased the consumption of smart antennas in the last decade. The smart antenna market is expected to grow with its increasing applications in technologies such as radio frequency identification, ultra wideband and mobile direct broadcast satellite. However, the higher cost of deployment is the major inhibitor for this market.
Due to the inability to provide “last miles” connection and the poor quality of signals transmitted, copper wires and traditional methods are being steadily replaced by wireless antennas. A smart antenna can command a strong opportunity in mobile DBS wireless network areas (WLANs), mobile phones, and WiMax.
Based on types, the global market for smart antennas is segmented into adaptive array antenna and switched mulitbeam antenna. Based on applications, the global market for smart antennas is segmented into two major categories - technological applications and cellular applications.
Some of the major companies in this industry include ACCEL Network, Airnet Communications Corp, Bandspeed Inc, Bell labs, Broadcom Corp., California Amplifier Inc., eTenna Corp, Intel Corp, Kyocera Corporation, Lucent technologies, Magnolia Broadband, Inc, Motorola Inc, Molex, Nortel Networks Corp., Philips Semiconductor, and SiBEAM Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments