Over the past two decades, single-use bioreactors or disposable bioreactors have been in use in pharmaceutical industry that consists of a disposable bag instead of typical culture vessel made up of stainless steel or glass. On the other hand the disposable bag is usually made of three layers of plastic to offer mechanical stability and act as a gas barrier. The single-use bioreactor has several advantages over conventional bioreactors. Pharmaceutical companies usually produce different drugs using the same facility without compromising the quality and operate in various consecutive batches. In such situations, the main challenge is to ensure there are no remains over from earlier batches. The use of disposable bioreactor does not require any cleaning and sterilization. Other advantages include savings in cost and time. Disposable bioreactors are of several types based on means of agitating culture medium and its flexibility such as stirred rigid disposable bioreactors, stirred flexible disposable bioreactors, non-stirred flexible bioreactors and non-stirred disposable bioreactors. HyClone SUB Heavy Duty Tubing Clamp by Thermo Scientific, CellMarket Regular by Cellexus and WAVE Bioreactor 2/10EH by GE Healthcare are some of the commercially available disposable bioreactors in the market.
The market for single-use bioreactors is growing globally under the influence of advantages associated with the use of disposable reactors such as cost effectiveness, protection against cross contamination, time management and due to introduction of novel products. Geographically, North America and Europe represent the largest markets as majority of leading biopharmaceutical companies are located in these regions. The market is expected grow in Asia-Pacific and Latin America as many multinational biopharmaceutical companies are opening their manufacturing facilities in these regions are supposed to enhance the demand for disposable bioreactors. Some of the major players operating in the market for single-use bioreactors are GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Hyclone, PBS Biotech, Xcellerex, Sartorius Stedim Biotech, Merck Millipore, and Cellexus Limited.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments