Silicones are synthetic compounds which are used most widely in applications such as sealants, adhesives, insulation, medical applications and lubricants owing to their excellent heat resistance and rubber like quality. Silicones are basically polymers that contain silicon along with carbon, oxygen and hydrogen.
Asia-Pacific is the leading market for silicones both in terms of production and consumption followed by North America and Europe. Asia-Pacific accounted for over 40% of the global market in 2011. . China, with growing household and disposable income, is the most attractive market for silicones in Asia-Pacific.
The global market for silicones, by types, is dominated by fluids and elastomers which accounted for over 81% of the market share in 2011. Other product types of silicones include resins and gels. The growing demand from end use industries of silicones including construction, chemical, automotives, electrical and electronics, and medical and personal care, owing to excellent physical and chemical properties exhibited by silicones, is the major factor driving the market. However, the market is being restrained by the increasing prices of raw material.
Asia-Pacific, being the largest and the fastest growing market for silicones, provides immense opportunities for the major participants in the silicones market. The growth in Asia-Pacific is primarily driven by the growing demand from construction and electrical industries due to rapid industrialization mainly in emerging economies of China and India. Moreover, the growth of Brazil also provides opportunities for silicone producers to cater to one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Some of the leading companies in this industry include Ashland Inc, BASF, Amber Chemical Company Ltd, Evonik Industries, Kaneka Corporation, Dow Chemical, Momentive, Bluestar Silicones, Wacker Chemie, and Shin-Etsu.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.