Home Press Releases Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate Industry and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate is Expected to Reach USD 9.35 billion in 2020
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate Industry and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate is Expected to Reach USD 9.35 billion in 2020
Posted on Jul 10, 2014
A New Market Report Titled “Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market (SLS Liquid and SLS Dry), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate Industry (SLES) and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS) for Detergents & Cleaners, Personal Care, Textile & Leather, Oilfield Chemicals and Other Applications - Global Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020,” which observes that the global SLS, SLES & LAS market demand was valued at USD 6.60 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 9.35 billion by 2020, expanding at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2020.
Increasing sodium lauryl sulfate market (SLS), sodium lauryl ether sulfate market (SLES) and linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS) from detergents & cleaners and personal care industries is expected to drive the global SLS, SLES & LAS market in the next five years. However, hazardous effects of SLS & SLES on human skin are projected to hamper market growth. Furthermore, the shift towards bio-based surfactants, especially in developed countries, is likely to restrain the growth of the linear alkylbenzene sulfonate market in the near future. However, new applications and production methods for these surfactants are expected to offer immense opportunities for manufacturers in the industry.
Linear alkylbenzene sulfonate emerged as the biggest product segment of the global SLS, SLES & LAS market in 2013, accounting for a market share of 76.6%. Linear alkylbenzene sulfonate is a cheaper option and possesses good emulsifying, cleansing and foaming properties. Hence, it is widely used in household detergents & industrial cleaners. In terms of volume, sodium lauryl ether sulfate is projected to grow at a moderate rate owing to its milder nature as compared to sodium lauryl sulfate. In terms of volume and revenue, SLS is anticipated to grow at a sluggish rate during the forecast period owing to its adverse effects on human skin. There is high demand for SLS liquid as it is easily soluble and relatively cheaper.
Detergents & cleaners application was the largest consumer of SLS, SLES and LAS in 2013. In terms of volume, detergents & cleaners application was followed by personal care, which is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020. Sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl ether sulfate are predominantly used in personal care applications due to their high skin penetration properties. However, demand for sodium lauryl sulfate in the personal care application is estimated to decrease in the next few years due to the toxic effects of sodium lauryl sulfate on human skin. Other emerging applications of SLS, SLES & LAS include oilfield chemicals, textile, leather, plastics, etc.
Asia Pacific dominated the global SLS, SLES & LAS market in 2013, in terms of volume and revenue. Increasing production of detergents & personal care products has been driving the market in Asia Pacific over the past few years. Additionally, rising disposable income in Middle East, Brazil, etc. is boosting Rest of the World market. Rest of the World emerged as the second-largest consumer of SLS, SLES and LAS in 2013. The market in Europe and North America has reached maturation; hence, these regions are expected to grow at a sluggish rate during the forecast period
The market is highly fragmented with no clear leader in the market. Major players in the market include Croda International, Rhodia SA, Solvay S.A, The Dow Chemical Company, Stepan Company, Clariant Corporation, Sasol Limited, BASF SE, Akzo Nobel N.V. and Oxiteno among others.
Browse the full Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate Industry and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate report with TOC at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sodium-lauryl-sulfate-market.html
This report segments the global SLS, SLES & LAS market as follows:
SLS, SLES & LAS Market - Product Segment Analysis
Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate liquid (SLS liquid)
- Sodium lauryl sulfate dry (SLS dry)
- Sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES)
- Linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS)
SLS, SLES & LAS Market - Application Analysis
- Detergents & cleaners
- Personal care
- Textile & leather
- Oilfield chemicals
- Others (Including Paints & Coatings, Plastics, Agricultural Chemicals, etc.)
SLS, SLES & LAS Market - Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Welding Consumables (Stick Electrode, Solid Wires, Flux-cored Wires, SAW Wires & Fluxes, and Others) Market for Automobile & Transportation, Building & Construction, Marine, and Other Applications - EMEA Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- The welding industry comprises welding equipment, welding consumables and welding services. Welding consumables account for a significant share of the welding industry compared to welding equipment and welding services. The welding consumables industry has been experiencing a shift from electrodes towards solid wires and flux-cored wires, due to higher production efficiency of the latter. Advantages such as high deposition rates are likely to boost demand for...
- Effect Pigments Market- Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Effect pigments are those that exhibit special effects to various substrates in order to enhance its quality and to make it comparatively attractive to consumers. These pigments display a wide range of properties such as an effect pigment can demonstrate color travel, they can reflect or refract light, they can act as a mirror and they can exhibit multiple color effect wherein the process is known as iridescence. There are various types of effect pigments...
- Activated Alumina Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Activated alumina is a desiccant to keep things dry by absorbing water from air. It manufactured from aluminium hydroxide. Aluminum hydroxide is dehydroxylated it in a manner that produces a highly porous material. It is also used as a filter for fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water. It is also made of aluminum oxide. It has a very high surface-area-to-weight ratio, due to its porous structure....