Home Press Releases Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach US$ 19.59 Bn in 2020
Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach US$ 19.59 Bn in 2020
Posted on Jun 18, 2014
Transparency Market Research has published a new market report titled “Polycarbonate Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020.” According to the report, the global polycarbonate market was valued at US$ 12.86 Bn in 2013 and is anticipated to reach US$ 19.59 Bn by 2020, expanding at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2014 and 2020.
Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic polymer manufactured using bisphenol A (BPA) and phosgene as the major feedstock. It can be easily molded and thermoformed to form various products. Polycarbonate offers high impact resistance; however, it lacks the property of scratch resistance. Polycarbonate is highly transparent vis-à-vis many types of glasses. It can sustain major plastic deformations without breaking or cracking and have thermal stability over a range of temperature. Thus, various transformation processes such as extrusion with tube or cylinders and injection molding can be used to manufacture different polycarbonate products.
Rising demand for light vehicles is projected to drive the polycarbonate market in the near future. Expansion in the global consumer electronics industry and increasing usage of thermoplastic polymers in the manufacture of electronic components is boosting the polycarbonate market. Furthermore, significant increase in demand for polycarbonates in packaging application and high growth in emerging economies is fuelling the polycarbonate market. However, volatility in prices of major raw materials is estimated to hamper market growth. Rising demand for bio-based and scratch resistant polycarbonates is likely to provide immense growth opportunities for the polycarbonate market in the next few years.
In terms of volume, electronics application segment held the largest share of the global polycarbonate market in 2013. The segment accounted for over 26% share of the market in 2013. Automotive is expected to be the fastest growing application segment in the next few years. Rising demand for light vehicles is projected to boost the automotive application segment during the forecast period. Packaging and construction segments are estimated to expand at moderate rates in the next few years.
Asia Pacific dominated the global polycarbonate market, accounting for more than 61% share in terms of volume in 2013. This can be ascribed to growth in automotive and electronics applications. The region was followed by Europe and Rest of the World (RoW). Demand for polycarbonate packaging in RoW is anticipated to increase at a moderate rate in the next few years owing to steady demand in automotive and construction applications.
Key players in the polycarbonate market include Bayer MaterialScience AG, Chi Mei Corporation, Trinseo (Styron), Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Teijin Limited, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Centroplast Engineering Plastics GmbH, Royal DSM, and Asahi Kasei Chemical Corporation.
Browse the full Polycarbonate Market for Automotive, Electronics, Construction, Optical Media, Packaging and Other (Medical Implants and Tableware) Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020 report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/polycarbonate-market.html
This report segments the global polycarbonate market as follows:
Polycarbonate Market: Application Analysis
- Optical media
- Others (Including medical implants, tableware, etc.)
Polycarbonate Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, TMR employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Welding Consumables (Stick Electrode, Solid Wires, Flux-cored Wires, SAW Wires & Fluxes and Others) Market for Automobile & Transportation, Building & Construction, Marine, Power Sector, Oil & Gas, Wear Plate and Other Applications - India Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- The welding industry in India has been expanding due to growth in end-use industries such as automobile & transportation, and building & construction. The welding consumables market accounts for a significant share in the welding industry compared to welding equipment and welding services.The research study analyzes, estimates and forecasts the welding...
- Rubber Additives Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Rubber additives are chemicals or agents added during the processing and synthesis of rubber polymers. Rubber additives are incorporated with raw rubber polymer to enhance structural and mechanical properties, and improve the overall performance and quality of rubber. Various types of rubber additives include vulcanization accelerators & inhibitors, processing aids, adhesion promoters, chemical blowing...
- High Temperature Elastomers Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Elastomers are polymers that possess elasticity and viscosity along with weak intermolecular forces. The elastic property helps elastomers retain their original shape once the deforming force is removed. Monomers of elastomers contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and silicon. Together, these monomers form elastomeric polymers. Elastomers possess thermosetting as well as thermoplastic properties. Thermoplastic...