Home Press Releases Global Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach USD 18.39 Billion in 2019
Global Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach USD 18.39 Billion in 2019
Posted on Jun 18, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Polycarbonate Market for Automotive, Electronics, Construction, Optical Media, Packaging and Other (Medical Implants and Tableware) Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,” the global polycarbonate market was valued at USD 12.15 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 18.39 billion by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2013 to 2019
Polycarbonate, a thermoplastic polymer produced using BPA (Bisphenol A) and phosgene as the major feedstock. High tensile strength, high shatter resistance and high thermal stability than the traditional engineering plastics such as acrylic have been major factors driving demand for polycarbonate.
Polycarbonate helps in reducing the overall weight of the vehicle without compromising durability. Therefore increasing demand for light vehicles is expected to be a major factor driving demand for polycarbonate. In addition, easy sterilization and cleaning of polycarbonate have led to increase in demand for polycarbonate in packaging applications which is anticipated to be among the major factors driving demand for polycarbonate. Moreover, BPA is a derivative of crude oil; therefore volatile pricing of BPA has been restraining polycarbonate market growth. Furthermore, low scratch resistance of polycarbonate has also restrained polycarbonate market growth mainly in the automotive segment. Developing low cost scratch resistant polycarbonate is expected to offer huge growth opportunities in the market.
The demand for polycarbonate can be segregated into six major application segments: automotive, electronics, construction, optical media, packaging and others. Electronics, followed by automotives, are the dominant application segments for polycarbonate. The other application segment includes niche applications such as medical implants and tableware, among others.
Asia Pacific dominates the global demand for polycarbonate. Owing to high GDP growth in the emerging economies of India and China, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Europe is another major regional segment in the demand side of the polycarbonate market. North America and RoW also show healthy demand figures majorly due to demand from various end-user segments such as automotives and electronics.
Some of the major industry participants include Bayer MaterialScience, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Styron, Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics Corporation, Teijin Limited, Chi Mei Corporation, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Centroplast Engineering Plastics GmbH, Royal DSM, and Asahi Kasei Chemical Corporation among others. Most of these companies have a global presence and their distribution and supply divisions are driven by various supply agreements and joint ventures with end-user companies.
Browse the full report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/polycarbonate-market.html
This report segments the global polycarbonate market as follows:
Polycarbonate Market: Application Analysis
- Optical media
- Others (Including medical implants, tableware, etc.)
Polycarbonate Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Pinoxaden Market for Wheat and Barley - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Pinoxaden is a grass-weed herbicide, which inhibits the synthesis of membrane lipids. This results in desiccation of the target grass. Globally, it is used for against wheat and barley weeds such as Apera (bentgrass), Lolium (ryegrass), Alopecurus (blackgrass), Avena (wild oats), Phalaris (canary grass), Poa (meadowgrass) and Setaria (foxtails). Spring and winter wheat and barley are the major target crops...
- Cement Market for Residential, Commercial, Infrastructure and Other Applications (Including Bricks) - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Demand for cement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is primarily driven by growth in construction activities in the region. The cement market in the Kingdom is mainly dominated by the central and western regions. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for cement on a country and regional level for a six year period from 2014 to 2020, both in terms of volume and...
- Oligomeric Mannose Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2014 - 2020Recently, there has been rising interest in mannose-binding lectin (MBL) that is chiefly a liver-derived collagen like serum protein. This is partially due to its central role as a recognition molecule in the complement system. In addition, it has also created interest because of the potential clinical implications of genetically determined differences in MBL oligomerization and serum level between individuals....