Home Press Releases Global Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach USD 18.39 Billion in 2019
Global Polycarbonate Market is Expected to Reach USD 18.39 Billion in 2019
Posted on Jun 18, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Polycarbonate Market for Automotive, Electronics, Construction, Optical Media, Packaging and Other (Medical Implants and Tableware) Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,” the global polycarbonate market was valued at USD 12.15 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 18.39 billion by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2013 to 2019
Polycarbonate, a thermoplastic polymer produced using BPA (Bisphenol A) and phosgene as the major feedstock. High tensile strength, high shatter resistance and high thermal stability than the traditional engineering plastics such as acrylic have been major factors driving demand for polycarbonate.
Polycarbonate helps in reducing the overall weight of the vehicle without compromising durability. Therefore increasing demand for light vehicles is expected to be a major factor driving demand for polycarbonate. In addition, easy sterilization and cleaning of polycarbonate have led to increase in demand for polycarbonate in packaging applications which is anticipated to be among the major factors driving demand for polycarbonate. Moreover, BPA is a derivative of crude oil; therefore volatile pricing of BPA has been restraining polycarbonate market growth. Furthermore, low scratch resistance of polycarbonate has also restrained polycarbonate market growth mainly in the automotive segment. Developing low cost scratch resistant polycarbonate is expected to offer huge growth opportunities in the market.
The demand for polycarbonate can be segregated into six major application segments: automotive, electronics, construction, optical media, packaging and others. Electronics, followed by automotives, are the dominant application segments for polycarbonate. The other application segment includes niche applications such as medical implants and tableware, among others.
Asia Pacific dominates the global demand for polycarbonate. Owing to high GDP growth in the emerging economies of India and China, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Europe is another major regional segment in the demand side of the polycarbonate market. North America and RoW also show healthy demand figures majorly due to demand from various end-user segments such as automotives and electronics.
Some of the major industry participants include Bayer MaterialScience, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Styron, Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics Corporation, Teijin Limited, Chi Mei Corporation, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Centroplast Engineering Plastics GmbH, Royal DSM, and Asahi Kasei Chemical Corporation among others. Most of these companies have a global presence and their distribution and supply divisions are driven by various supply agreements and joint ventures with end-user companies.
Browse the full report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/polycarbonate-market.html
This report segments the global polycarbonate market as follows:
Polycarbonate Market: Application Analysis
- Optical media
- Others (Including medical implants, tableware, etc.)
Polycarbonate Market: Regional Analysis
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Nanoscale Chemicals & Materials Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
- Nanoscience is a discipline that uses basic principles of chemistry, physics and other fields to understand the mechanism of systems when they are shrunk to the scale of a nanometer. Nanotechnology principles can be applied in areas such as microelectronics fabrications, solar cells, fibrous devices for filtration and separations and biological sensors. There are wide range of nanoscale materials and chemicals...
- Anticrease Agents Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2014 - 2020In manufacturing textiles, finishing is the major process, which refers to the conversion of woven into a usable material. It can also be defined as process performed to improve the performance and look of the finished textile. Some techniques used for finishing include dyeing and bleaching that are applied before the knitted cloth whereas; the others are applied on grey cloth after it is knitted. The fabric has...
- Coil Coating Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020Coil coating is the process of coating coil structures, predominantly metal coils. Metal has to be cleaned and treated for processing and before being employed in the production of end user applications including building & construction, automotive and electronics among others. Cleaned and treated surface of metal is prone to rust and is easily reactive with acids that degrade the quality of the metal...