Home Press Releases Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers is Expected to Reach USD 964.4 Million in 2019
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers is Expected to Reach USD 964.4 Million in 2019
Posted on Jun 30, 2014
Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) has released a new market report titled “Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers (Polyester, Nylon, Acrylic and Others) for Apparels, Home Textiles and Other End-users – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 – 2019.” According to the report, the global carbon black market for textile fibers was valued at USD 597.2 million in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 964.4 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2013 to 2019.
Consumption of cotton has been declining globally primarily due to the high cost and low strength of cotton. Furthermore, the increasing demand for arable land for the production of other profitable crops has led to a decrease in the production of cotton. This decline in consumption of cotton has resulted in an increase in demand for synthetic fibers. This is one of the growth drivers for the carbon black market for textile fibers as carbon black is used mainly in the synthetic fibers industry. Other major factors driving demand for carbon black for textile fibers include high growth in the polyester fiber market. Major raw materials employed in the production of carbon black are derivatives of crude oil which have a high carbon content. Volatility in raw material prices and increase in the number of stringent regulations due to several environmental and health hazards associated with carbon black have been restraining the growth of the carbon black for textile fibers market. Increase in research and development activities to develop efficient techniques to produce carbon black from bio-based sources are expected to offer huge growth opportunities in the market.
The carbon black market for textile fibers has been bifurcated into four product segments: polyester, nylon, acrylic and others. Polyester is the largest product segment in the carbon black market for textile fibers and accounted for over 55% share of the global market in 2012. Based on end-users, the carbon black market for textile fibers is bifurcated into three major segments: home textiles, apparels and others. The apparels segment is the most dominant product segment for carbon black market for textile fibers and accounted for around 54% of the global market in 2012. Moreover, the home textiles segment, that includes carpets and sheets, is also a major segment of the carbon black market for textile fibers. Furthermore, the others segment that includes automotive and agricultural textiles is expected to be the fastest growing end-user segment of the carbon black market for textile fibers in the future.
Asia Pacific dominated the global demand for carbon black for textile fibers and accounted for 58.2% of the global market in 2012. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Major industry participants include Cabot Corporation, Philips Carbon Black Ltd, Birla Carbon and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
Browse the full Carbon Black Market report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/carbon-black-market.html
This report segments the global carbon black market for textile fibers as follows:
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - Product Segment Analysis
- Filament Fiber
- Staple Fiber
- Others (Including tow, fiberfill, etc)
- Others (Including olefin, etc.)
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - End-user Analysis
- Home Textiles
- Others (Including automotive, agriculture, protective clothing, etc.)
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - Regional Analysis
- North America
- Greater China
- South East Asia
- RoW (South America, Africa and the Middle East)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Sodium Silicate Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Sodium silicate, also known as liquid glass or water glass, available in solid form and aqueous solution, is a compound used in cements, passive fire protection, refractories, textile and lumber processing. Sodium silicate is a white solid that is soluble in water, producing an alkaline solution. Sodium silicate is available in various forms including sodium metasilicate, sodium orthosilicate, sodium...
- Polishing Powders Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Polishing powders are materials that help eliminate etch marks and light wear patterns giving smooth finish to the application product. They create honed finishes, set up stone for polishing and shining, help in eliminating deep scratches. They are non-acidic in nature. They have wide applications in precision optics, metallographic sections, electro-optical crystals, silicone wafers, ferrite components, gem...
- Polycyclohexylenedimethylene Terephthalate (PCT) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020Polycyclohexylenedimethylene terephthalate (PCT) is typically a thermoplastic polyester produced from the polycondensation of cyclohexylene-dimethanol and terephthalic acid. The chemical structure of polycyclohexylenedimethylene terephthalate (PCT) is quite similar to that of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Moreover, the properties of polycyclohexylenedimethylene terephthalate (PCT) such as dimensional...