Home Press Releases Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers is Expected to Reach USD 964.4 Million in 2019
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers is Expected to Reach USD 964.4 Million in 2019
Posted on Jun 30, 2014
Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) has released a new market report titled “Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers (Polyester, Nylon, Acrylic and Others) for Apparels, Home Textiles and Other End-users – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 – 2019.” According to the report, the global carbon black market for textile fibers was valued at USD 597.2 million in 2012 and is expected to reach USD 964.4 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2013 to 2019.
Consumption of cotton has been declining globally primarily due to the high cost and low strength of cotton. Furthermore, the increasing demand for arable land for the production of other profitable crops has led to a decrease in the production of cotton. This decline in consumption of cotton has resulted in an increase in demand for synthetic fibers. This is one of the growth drivers for the carbon black market for textile fibers as carbon black is used mainly in the synthetic fibers industry. Other major factors driving demand for carbon black for textile fibers include high growth in the polyester fiber market. Major raw materials employed in the production of carbon black are derivatives of crude oil which have a high carbon content. Volatility in raw material prices and increase in the number of stringent regulations due to several environmental and health hazards associated with carbon black have been restraining the growth of the carbon black for textile fibers market. Increase in research and development activities to develop efficient techniques to produce carbon black from bio-based sources are expected to offer huge growth opportunities in the market.
The carbon black market for textile fibers has been bifurcated into four product segments: polyester, nylon, acrylic and others. Polyester is the largest product segment in the carbon black market for textile fibers and accounted for over 55% share of the global market in 2012. Based on end-users, the carbon black market for textile fibers is bifurcated into three major segments: home textiles, apparels and others. The apparels segment is the most dominant product segment for carbon black market for textile fibers and accounted for around 54% of the global market in 2012. Moreover, the home textiles segment, that includes carpets and sheets, is also a major segment of the carbon black market for textile fibers. Furthermore, the others segment that includes automotive and agricultural textiles is expected to be the fastest growing end-user segment of the carbon black market for textile fibers in the future.
Asia Pacific dominated the global demand for carbon black for textile fibers and accounted for 58.2% of the global market in 2012. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Major industry participants include Cabot Corporation, Philips Carbon Black Ltd, Birla Carbon and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
Browse the full Carbon Black Market report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/carbon-black-market.html
This report segments the global carbon black market for textile fibers as follows:
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - Product Segment Analysis
- Filament Fiber
- Staple Fiber
- Others (Including tow, fiberfill, etc)
- Others (Including olefin, etc.)
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - End-user Analysis
- Home Textiles
- Others (Including automotive, agriculture, protective clothing, etc.)
Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - Regional Analysis
- North America
- Greater China
- South East Asia
- RoW (South America, Africa and the Middle East)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company providing business information reports and services. The company’s exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
TMR’s data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With extensive research and analysis capabilities, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Cement Market for Residential, Commercial, Infrastructure and Other Applications (Including Bricks) - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Demand for cement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is primarily driven by growth in construction activities in the region. The cement market in the Kingdom is mainly dominated by the central and western regions. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for cement on a country and regional level for a six year period from 2014 to 2020, both in terms of volume and...
- Oligomeric Mannose Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2014 - 2020Recently, there has been rising interest in mannose-binding lectin (MBL) that is chiefly a liver-derived collagen like serum protein. This is partially due to its central role as a recognition molecule in the complement system. In addition, it has also created interest because of the potential clinical implications of genetically determined differences in MBL oligomerization and serum level between individuals....
- Wood Activated Carbon Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Wood activated carbon refers to wood which has been activated by chemicals or steam in order to form a porous microstructure capable of adsorbing water contaminants. Wood based carbon is therefore a natural means of treating water in order to make it potable. Residential and industrial wastewater is treated with wood activated carbon as a primary method of water purification. The resulting stream of water is...