Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is a process which is performed in high vacuum at a very high temperature that is around 200 to 500 degree Celsius. PVD is commonly used for coating processes and also to enhance the properties of components and materials in order to improve their performance and behavior. Nano technologies and material science are some of the new technologies that are important for thin film coatings. PVD techniques are widely used in electronics, computer industry, tools and dies.
Materials used for coating purposes are titanium, aluminum and chromium. The materials are either bombarded with ions or evaporated by high heat. The whole deposition process includes various steps such as arc evaporation, ion plating, sputtering and enhanced sputtering.
The major application areas of PVD are data storage, cutting tools, solar industry, optics industry, medical equipments, flexible packaging, storage industry, microelectronics etc. In the PVD equipments segment, semiconductors and flat panel displays contribute a larger market share.
One of the growth drivers for PVD technology is the growing demand for longer life products by consumers for which a thin metallic layer is coated on products thus increasing their lifespan. A challenge for this market is to manage quality in the process of coating. PVD coatings are widely accepted as they are environment friendly and do not involve harmful chemicals.
Some of the major industry players in this market include AJA International, Inc., KDF Electronics & Vacuum, Leybold Optics GmbH, Novellus Systems, Inc., Penta Technology (Suzhou) Co. Ltd., Semicore Equipment, Inc., SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES, ULVAC Technologies, Inc., Veeco Instruments Inc etc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments