Global Phycocyanin Market: Overview
Phycocyanin is a pigment-protein complex obtained from the phycobiliprotein family, along with allophycocyanin and phycoerythrin. Phycocyanin is one of the key pigment in the chlorophyll. Phycocyanin is water-soluble pigment proteins that conglomerates with phycobiliproteins conglomerates, which stick to phycobilisomes. C-phycocyanin a phycobiliprotein, is one of the primary pigments of spirulina used as a dietary supplement worldwide. It also find its use in the development of immunoassay kit to study phycocyanin use as a light harvesting protein. Apart from its application nutraceutical, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries owing to its health benefits, phycocyanin pigment has natural colorant properties. Now a days due to increasing inclination of the consumers towards natural products and rising awareness for the harmful effects of synthetic compounds has led to exhaustive research on microalgae as a source of natural pigments/colours. Thus, fuelling the global phycocyanin market growth worldwide.
Global Phycocyanin Market: Drivers and Restraints
The one of the major drivers for the global phycocyanin market are the growing demand for the natural colourants especially in the Western Europe region as artificial colourants or dyes are totally banned in Europe. Also, FDA approval for the spirullina in U.S market drives high opportunity for the phycocyanin market in the U.S. As, the production cost of the parent product spirulina microalgae is also very economical, phycocyanin pigments are finding increased application in food supplements, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and in dietary supplements products such as fermented milk products, ice creams, soft drinks, chewing gum, alcoholic drinks, desserts, sweet cake decoration, milk shakes etc. There are few restraints also to the phycocyanin market as its production is wholly dependent on environmental factors it requires ponds, lakes, water bodies, sand, and air to be clean and pure as per the production specifications. Also, the product is highly temperature sensitive and any change in the desired environmental conditions can destroy the whole product.
Global Phycocyanin Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, phycocyanin market is segmented into:-
- Lyophilized powder
- Natural colour pigment
On the basis of extraction type, phycocyanin market is segmented into:-
- Ammonium sulphate precipitation
- ion-exchange chromatography
- Gel filtration chromatography
On the basis of Application, phycocyanin market is segmented into:-
- Food Industry
- Dietary supplements:
- Cosmetic Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
Global Phycocyanin Market: Region wise Outlook
The global phycocyanin market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). In North America region U. S. is the largest manufacturer for the phycocyanin colourants market, followed by APEJ region. In the APEJ region, India and china are the major producers of phycocyanin colourants in the phycocyanin market showing a significant growth as of the high demand for natural colorants in the region followed by Japan. In the other regions such as Western and Eastern Europe, the phycocyanin market is anticipated top record steady growth during the forecast period.
Global Phycocyanin Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players identified in the global phycocyanin market includes:
- Earthrise Nutritional.
- Dainippon Ink and Chemicals
- Japan Algae Co., Ltd
- Parry Nutraceuticals
- Ozone Naturals
- Hash BioTech Labs Private Limited
- EcoFuel Laboratories
- Nan Pao International Biotech
- Parry Nutraceuticals
- Norland Biotech
- Fuqing King Dnarmsa Spirulina
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC.
- Xian Sonwu Biotech Co., Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.