Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrine disorder observed in females during their reproductive age, due to which they may suffer from infertility problems. PCOS is characterized by a range of symptoms such as acne, menstrual irregularities, hirsutism, obesity, insulin resistance, anovulation and infertility. PCOS therapeutics include a wide a range of medications that are available in the worldwide. The global market for PCOS therapeutics can be segmented into six major categories, namely, anti-androgen drugs, contraceptive drugs, ovulation stimulants, cancer treatment drugs,diabetes treatment drugs and dietary supplements.
Major driving factors for the growth of the PCOS therapeutics market include, increasing prevalence of diabetes, rising obesity rates and increasing genetic and hormonal disorders worldwide. Diabetic and obese females are more prone to polycystic ovarian syndrome, and their rising levels will lead to more PCOS females, hence will create a demand for PCOS therapeutics worldwide. Presence of large number of off-label and generic drugs in this category may restrain the growth of this market. However, rising worldwide dissatisfaction from various off-label drugs that are available to treat PCOS will create more demand for branded drugs and thus help grow this market in future. A large number of drugs currently in clinical trials and expected to be commercialized in the near future will provide newer opportunities to this market.
Geographically, North America is the largest market for PCOS therapeutics followed by Europe. High prevalence and huge demand for diagnosis and treatments for PCOS in the region are major factors that largely contribute towards the growth of this market in these regions. Asia-Pacific market is expected to show the highest growth rate in PCOS therapeutics due to rising awareness about women healthcare and increasing affordability of the population. Major players operating in PCOS therapeutics market are AstraZeneca plc, Biocinese, Catalysis, S.L., Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eugonia, EffRx, Inc., Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck KGaA, Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., Reliance Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. and Shire plc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments